RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm hoping somebody here can chime in and help me.

I have a 2004 4.4 HSE that I was changing the fuel assembly on. The tank level sender isn't working, so I figured I'd go in and swap out the assembly.

Anyways, ok so I got it open, during which time I noticed it was opened by either the previous owner or a mechanic. The car has had a gas odor at times, and now I know why.

My question is this, since the previous owner essentially destroyed the quick disconnects, and I'm in need of new ones now, where can I find them?

I've went to all the auto stores near me, including oriellys and napa with no luck. My next call is to the stealer to see if they can get them. Nobody seems to know what they are called.

Any help would be great, I saw some previous threads in the past about these clips and a member had said he was able to get them from oriellys, but I wasn't.

Thanks,

Alex

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
86 Posts
Are you sure that quick disconnects are destroyed? They are getting disconnected in a strange way, maybe thats why you are thinking they are destroyed?
If you definitely need the a new connector, i believe you'll need a whole new line. Part number WFP500540 if i recall correctly
Good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey andrii, thanks for your reply, sad news for me though! lol

Anyways, no they aren't even a single piece anymore, they were like cut in half and sorta put back in. They are 100% leaking, so I guess I'll be purchasing a new line.

In case anybody wants to know, the part number is WJP000480 (you were kinda close andrii lol) for the new line, and it actually includes all of the connectors.

I'll wait another day before I order it, hopefully somebody can chime in with an alternative solution.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
86 Posts
Dang, your part # is more accurate, lol
Well, if it would've been me, i would've just ordered a new part. Not nice driving in such a great car with a gas vapors spoiling your day. Hopefully you'll get it fixed soon!
I also had to dig around there recently. My fuel gauge shows 3/4 when full. When i took out the fuel assembly, the pump's sending unit seemed to be ok but than i went further and the secondary sender unit's resistance car is all worn. Ordered the whole new OEM off eBay for like 150 for everything, hoping that will fix the incorrect gasoline level readings.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess the next question is, can I remove those orange caps from the new lines and use them on the lines that are currently there, or are they a one time use, meaning I have to remove the old (perfect) lines and replace them with the new lines?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Thats a really good question. when you take the old one apart perhaps you will see what it takes to get them out so they are not damaged. (i.e. look at the damaged ones. ) Ours were a mixture of difficult and easy. When the fuel line is pressurized removal seems to be far more difficult so likely unfortunately why they got trashed. i suspect they may pop out. perhaps you could try at the fuel filter end if they have not be trashed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts