RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
9 Posts
Hi guys,
I'm a bit lost and need some help. I've got a 2004 4.4 vogue, I bought it last year with 65.000km and it ran perfect and smooth until I took it to the dealer. It had been in the garage for nearly 3 years, I drove it almost a month because I couldn`t take it to the dealer because I had no time. The problem came when I took it out of the dealer: very loud engine noise/lack of power (car seems very heavy), rev would drop 200/300RPM, when I shift to Drive it doesn't have same impulse as before. 10min later I went back to the dealer and he says that since it had been stopped for so long it was normal and I belive not. I have no idea of what it could be, the dealer closed and HQ wants nothing to do with that mechanic. I've taken it to several places and nothing, also to another dealer 200km from where I live and nothing, if there are no codes they are lost but they admit that it isn't the way it should be. any ideas of what could it be?

Thanks

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Two things spring to mind right off. Why did you take it to the dealer in the first place and why on earth would you leave it there for three years?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first, nobody said it had been 3 years in the dealer's garage, the car had been 3 years in the owner's garage. Second, what's wrong with going to the dealer? I don't know how they are where you live but incompetents you find them anywhere, not only at the dealers so I don't get why it's so strange to go to one. And third, I'm asking for help, are these symptoms familiar to anyone?

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
321 Posts

very loud engine noise

Describe the noise. Is it metallic? clanky? grinding? squeaky?

lack of power (car seems very heavy)

The truck is heavy.

rev would drop 200/300RPM, when I shift to Drive

I'd expect an RPM drop. You've put load against the engine.

Also,

What recent maintenance have you completed?
- New spark plugs?
- Coil packs all working alright? Is there oil around the coil packs?
- New filters? (air intake, oil, fuel)

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
...what's wrong with going to the dealer?
There's nothing wrong with going to the dealer, but if we knew why you took it there it may point towards the issue you are having now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There's nothing wrong with going to the dealer, but if we knew why you took it there it may point towards the issue you are having now.
I TOOK IT THERE TO HAVE IT SERVICED (OIL, FILTERS ETC) AND TO CHECK OUT AN 02 SENSOR THAT DIDN'T WORK (REAR RHD)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Describe the noise. Is it metallic? clanky? grinding? squeaky?

The truck is heavy.

[/COLOR]
I'd expect an RPM drop. You've put load against the engine.

Also,

What recent maintenance have you completed?
- New spark plugs?
- Coil packs all working alright? Is there oil around the coil packs?
- New filters? (air intake, oil, fuel)
loud nois: at 2000rpm it sounds like if the air filter housing were open ( but it's not)
heavy: it's the same feeling as when you leave the hand break on (it's not the case)
rev drop when I'm driving (cruising o accelerating makes no difference)
lack of power because at 60mph I try to go a bit faster and there's no way, I have to step on it (almost kick down)
I most say that the loud noise has calmed down a bit since a rechanged the oil
regarding maintenance all has been done( all filters, oil, 02sensors and maf) except spark plugs, coils and belts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts