RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 RR. I have had a problem with the NAV screen going off and coming back on to the RR logo. Sometimes it comes back on with just lines accress the screen. Sometimes it comes back on and is locked up. No menu butons work. Dealer said that they have heard of this they replaced the NAV computer TWICE. Just got it back yesterday traveling today and it started again. Has anyone had this problem :cry:

G

·
0 Posts
Resetting/Locked Nav

Yes we have the same EXACT problem you described. Dealer couldn't "reproduce the incident", said they had never heard of the problem before and tried to send us on our way (...along with not hearing the dash rattles and cracking from the front side vents somewhere near the wood surrounds). After my not so gentle persuasion, to his credit finally said he'd order another unit and replace it. The appt is this Friday.

Are you saying that you have had the unit replaced twice and it still didn't help?!

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replaced Twice

Yes they replaced it twice and there is still a problem. They had the vehicle for a week last time and said they could not reproduce it. I got them now though. See link below. I shot a video of the problems and emailed it to the service manager who is forwarding it to the LR rep who I meet with and knows of the problem. Lets see what they do now.

http://www.securitydesignideas.com/images/rover.wmv

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
87 Posts
Well they certainly can't argue that you don't have a problem based on the evidence - your honour!!!! :lol: From a BMW perspective though my guess is either you need a "system software" update or a Nav Unit software update or a new Nav disk or a combination of all three!!!!!! :wink: The RR is running very "out of date" software in the Nav computer! My 3 year old X5 started with software and a display very similar to the RR of today but since then I have taken advantage of 7 YES SEVEN! software updates all of which were designed to trouble shoot or bug fix various problems with the software. And they have! :D I am not aware of any RR Nav software upgrades and thats really your problem!

I wish you every success with your local Stealer! Please keep us posted!

Regards,
Andy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts