RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I unlocked my car (one unlock press so just the driver side door unlocked) and when pulling on the handle, at first everything seemed fine, but then I heard a click and the handle pulled out but didn't open the door. It was as if the car was locked, but I could clearly see that it was unlocked. I then locked it back and then unlocked it again and still, the handle would not open the door; it just pulls out (without catching) like the car is locked. I had to fully unlock the car, go around to the passenger side, open up that door, then reach across and open the driver's door from the inside. Well, I thought that if I locked it and came back an hour later, maybe it would open...but a lass, no go. Has this happened to anyone? Do you guys think something broke internally? While it is still under warranty (extended), I really don't want to drive 1 and 1/2 hrs to the nearest dealer for this petty thing. Is this an easy fix?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
237 Posts
There are 2 cables that connect the inner and outer handles to the door mechanism; the one that goes to the outer handle has broken. I had this and it is very difficult to replace, one has to remove the whole door trim, then the airbag (the battery MUST be disconnected) and then through a small opening remove the old cable and replace with a new one. A lot of trouble for a $12 cable that shouldn’t break in the first place…

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
211 Posts
yea my cable(to the outer door handle) broke today. Where did you guys get the part from? Dealer is closed today but I'm hoping they have it in stock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts