RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 4.4 litre HSE with approx 105500 kms (65,550 miles) on the clock.
Have had the experience of when turning right then the tyre skids until the traction control can get it under control (thumping sound as the traction control works).
Have taken said beast into the local Indie who deals with RRovers and they've never seen it before but confirmed it looks like all the front power is going to the right front wheel, the diff isn't making any 'orrible noises and the right CV joint appears to be sound along with the wheel bearings.
We're going to change the oil in the transfer case and the front diff to see if there's any metal parts in the oil indicating problems inside before going any further,
Any ideas on why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
126 Posts
There was a recall with the early L322s on the front diffs going out. It apparently took LR several years to acknowledge this but when they did they honored the recall. Since yours is a 2004 I don't know if you're affected or not, but I would start with making sure your front diff isn't the culprit.

I would be very surprised if your wheel bearing or CVs have given out at 65,000 miles...Most people are on the original CVs at well over 100,000 miles. Separately, are you sure you don't have a seized brake caliper?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Any fault codes in DSC/traction control module? Maybe faulty ABS/speed sensor is erroneously detecting slip and cutting power to left front wheel?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts