RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, I'm new to the 4.4L Range Rover and I'm having some issues with mine. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

My 322 will crank over but it will not start. I have replaced the fuel pump, Fuel filter, spark plugs, battery and crank sensor.
I have checked all fuses. I've looked over the wiring and have not notice any problems.
If I jump the relay for the fuel pump it cuts on, otherwise it doesn't come on.
if I spray starting fluid in it, it will act like it wants to start but wont.
All cylinders have good compression. Im really beating my head against a wall on this one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just notice the wires on the temperature sensor are burnt and not making contact with the sensor, would this cause a no start?

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
It is easy enough of a fix. Make sure the rest of the wiring is fine, repair the connector or replace. It may and likely is your issue? If I recall correctly, I remember someone had broken down in the highway due to the temperature sensor wiring failing. But.. the wiring failed because of a different factor. Look into this, the search bar on the top left is incredibly helpful.

Do not keep cranking with no start, at least with the fuel system running and putting fuel into the engine. The gasoline can react to the cylinder walls and weaken them, destroying the engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts