RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I just wanted to report back. I received my scan tool and had 4 codes: Res. pressure drop when filling, exhaust valve fault, high pressure exhaust valve, and high pressure exhaust valve supply fault. I cleared the codes and it instantly raised the vehicle. I left it in the garage for 24 hours and it stayed inflated. Today, I took it on a 110 mile trip and moved the setting from low to high several times and it seems to work fine. I'll just wait and see if I get anymore codes. So, far it is working great. It's also 50 degrees warmer than it was when I had the trouble (-10 degrees and is now 40 degrees above).

I also thought about spraying soapy water on the bags and lines to see if I have any leaks. It's best to do this in normal ride position, right? Also, is it worth buying one of those pump rebuild kits as a preventative maintenance effort or not? Thanks.

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
leak checks need to be done in normal and down from there. Leaks normally occur at and below normal to motor way height. that where the bags spend most of their life flexing.

It sounds like you just has a case of a sticking exhaust valve. If your drier is getting a bit stressed it will let condensation in. valves can freeze in cold temps and make EAS life miserable.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts