RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2004 HSE 4.4L with 88,000miles. I'm slowing bringing it back up to road worthy condition. When I first turn the key to the on position, a number pops up in the odometer window "-12,525". Can't figure what it means or how to clear it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JTLS

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
Is that all it says? Are all of your pixels operations and clear? Newer models had a service indicator count down that would show negative when you had gone past your "next service" mileage. I just don;t recall if first gen had this feature.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
694 Posts
It's service, and yes first gen had it. Mine had the stock headunit replaced, as a result I was never allowed to clear it. Mine was ALWAYS doing that.

lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi I have an 05 HSE with the BMW 4.4 and I used the steps under "Resetting the Oil Service or Service Interval Message 02-<05" on this page to reset the number:

http://www.fullfatrr.com/wiki/Secret_Codes

Once I performed those steps the number switched to 15,500 and now counts down based on how many miles I drive. I believe it is used to keep track of when your next oil change is due (based on the manufacturer recommended interval?) but that's way too long in my opinion.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That was it! It reset to 15,500 exactly as you said. Thank you! And I agree...15,500 is a loooong time. I don't ever go over 5000.....just my opinion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts