Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive just bout a nice 2003 Vogue but it has a few small issues? Ill post them up 1 at a time.

The electric adjustment on the steering wheel works up and down but not in and out. Is this a common problem and is it a DIY fix?

Many thanks in advance :)

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
694 Posts
From what I gather very common. The plastic bracket that holds the electric motor in breaks, which then falls out. Mine was broken as well. When I was replacing the steering angle sensor the motor was just flopping about. Easy enough to repair.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, Is just a repair or do i need to get any replacement parts?? Also where is it situated and how easy is it to access?

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
111 Posts
you need a replacement bracket i've just bought one from rimmer bros, they only have one left part number qyh5000030 it's around £37 delivered

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
Thanks for the reply, Is just a repair or do i need to get any replacement parts?? Also where is it situated and how easy is it to access?
I think you will need to remove the lower dashpad in order to access it. As for parts, technically the bracket is broken. I built my own that will outlast the car.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
111 Posts
i'm interested in how thy are removed, i think they just clip on on trim clips for the majority

·
Premium Member
694 Posts
You have to remove everything. It is a horrible, horrible job to remove the lower dash pad. Side covers, all the vents, glovebox, kick panels, all of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts