RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - so I'm doing the front end conversion that some of you are doing, I have ordered the connectors from PowerfulUK. My question is, has anyone designed a plug and play connector loom from the 2003-05 car looms to plug into and then plug into the lights. Reason is I'd rather not hard wire the connectors into the loom, benefits are I can just give me truck to the body shop and just provide the "plug and play" connectors and they can plug them in as opposed to me going there and wiring up the new connectors. So here is what I'm looking at. looking for male versions of these plugs[attachment=1:29dtejx4]IMG_1761.JPG[/attachment:29dtejx4] so I can connect to these new plugs.[attachment=0:29dtejx4]IMG_3085.JPG[/attachment:29dtejx4]

Does all that make sense? I hope so...

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Better to buy the unwired headlight plugs for 2006-2012 headlights from tridentcars.net in England (a car dealer that also sells these plugs) as these then look like they were fitted by the factory from new. The problem with the prewired ones you mention is that you them have 18 more joins in your wiring loom, which is 18 chances of a problem & the pre wired wires are a different colour to your loom, which looks a mess. The ones from tridentcars.net are cheaper too, £65.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1 Posts
Hi,

I am thinking of doing the same, are the headlight s and grill a straight swap or are there other things that I ned to do?

Many thanks..

·
Registered
45 Posts
I made a thread a while back as I'm collecting parts. I've copied and paste what a helpful member put on mine

The minimum I had was

headlight mounting brackets (plastic mount for the new lights as the old ones fit without mounts).

You have to cut the bumper bar to make the holes bigger to take the fogs as they are in a slightly different place.

The tabs on the wings that locate the indicators have to be cut off

You need to remove the plastic behind the grill on each side and replace with different, also the metal bumper mount needs changing to a plastic one, this also allows the new grill to fit.

Wheel arch liners I kept mine and just made a piece of plastic to connect the bumper to the liner.

Front fog plugs don't fit so I connected them with spade fittings.

Wing bumper mounts also need a bit cutting off to allow the bumper to sit properly.

Bottom bar needs altering or changing to fit and screw the lower section of the bumper, there are two struts that sit up on the old model that are in the way of the new bumper.

That's it from memory, it sounds a lot but does make sense when your doing it. It's a bit of fiddling around tbh but not that bad. The biggest thing is all the plastic parts for the light mounting, often easier to get hold of a complete front slam panel with all the bits on.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts