RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, received some bad news today about my rover. My mechanics changed my transmission fluid and metal chuncks came out. I am wondering if it is worth fixing everything or just selling the car? Here is what my mechanic said, “I opened the gearbox and changed the transmission fluid. Unfortunately there are too many metal particles in the sump. I'm really sorry but you can never get rid of this problem unless you change the complete gearbox plus the oilcooler and the pipes.”

The rover is a 2003 diesel with 250k. I paid $9,500 and I will need parts delivered to Germany. What should I do?

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
Diesels are fitting with GM transmissions during the early years of L322s. They have nasty habit of failing between 80k and 100K miles. Has it been previously serviced? Have you been having issues?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diesels are fitting with GM transmissions during the early years of L322s. They have nasty habit of failing between 80k Andy 100K miles. Has it been previously serviced? Have you been having issues?[/QUOT
E]

Thank you for replying. The transmission was just serviced because it was slipping during acceleration. The trans fail light would come on the day after a long road trip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts