RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a year ago, my radio screen went out. The radio still played, and I didn't really mind that much. Every now and then, I would check eBay for a reasonable priced radio. Found one for $90, but once it arrived that screen was out too, they sent me a second one, but that started the next problem. Not sure what happened, but once I tried the 3rd radio (Original, 1st replacement, 2nd replacement) I could not get the radio to turn on, none of them. I have check all the fuses, I unplugged the white connectors (overnight) in the left side of the boot/trunk. I bought a 4th radio, from one of the D-90.com guys, same issues.

When I turn on the lights, the radio back-light works, but not the radio screen, the round buttons glow and the cassette button opens the radio face and I can load a cassette and eject it.

Is there a security key or etc?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've tried everything I can think of...

Scott

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
346 Posts
Have you gone back and tried putting the first one in? If so what is the result?

On the first one was it just the backlight that was bad, so if you put a flashlight directed at the unit you could make out the screen working?

Do you have a CD or DVD Nav unit in there? If so does the LED light ever turn off? Can you eject the disc?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you gone back and tried putting the first one in? If so what is the result?

On the first one was it just the backlight that was bad, so if you put a flashlight directed at the unit you could make out the screen working?

Do you have a CD or DVD Nav unit in there? If so does the LED light ever turn off? Can you eject the disc?
Thanks Kg74,

I did put the original radio back in, no sound, no screen content. I will check the radio with a flashlight tonight. I can add and remove the cassette, all other functions work, except the radio and screen.

I can't figure it out.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
346 Posts
Is the red light on the Nav unit in back always lit? Can you eject disc and check for any change?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help... Here is the update.

The CD/DVD Drive for the NAV died years ago, and I have not needed it since it didn't have the upgraded maps.

I have pulled the 2 fuses (8 and 49) left them out for a while, unplugged the white wiring connectors, in the left side of the boot/trunk, for a while too... The backlight is lite, but no radio function at all. Even my original radio won't work, and it was working(not the screen) before I swapped the various radios I bought. The cassette opens and accepts cassettes and ejects, but no sound.

So, after swapping in and out a few different radios that I bought on ebay, trying to get one that worked.

It is weird that the radio won't turn on, but with the lights on, I can see the back light and the glow behind the knobs. I can open the cassette behind the screen, but no music or noise at all.

Any ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts