RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon. I have stumbled upon a 2003 rover for sale (needs work).

It has 88,000 miles on it and needs the following:

Water Pump and Gasket Replacement
Upper and Lower Radiator Replacement
Thermostat and Gasket Replacement
Front and Rear Brakes
Tune Up

I am fairly mechanically inclined (have learned A LOT more since owning a P38!), and I price the parts out to be roughly $1,300. Asking price is $13,000 OBO, I was thinking of throwing 9k at it. Worth it?

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
254 Posts
triplb25 said:
Good afternoon. I have stumbled upon a 2003 rover for sale (needs work).

It has 88,000 miles on it and needs the following:

Water Pump and Gasket Replacement
Upper and Lower Radiator Replacement
Thermostat and Gasket Replacement
Front and Rear Brakes
Tune Up

I am fairly mechanically inclined (have learned A LOT more since owning a P38!), and I price the parts out to be roughly $1,300. Asking price is $13,000 OBO, I was thinking of throwing 9k at it. Worth it?
if everything else is solid and minimal wear I'd say if you get it at $9k that would be a deal.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I guess all I can say is make sure you're sure...check everything...that seems like a good deal if you check the blue book value (I'm assuming it's from a private seller), but not if you're going to drive it 5k miles and have to replace a ton of stuff.
I think there's a 90K mile service that would be coming up, so be ready for that.

Best of Luck

·
Registered
65 Posts
Might be a good deal as long as the airbags are good. If your looking at spending that kind of money. I would sell you mine 2004 Range Rover HSE with 2 extra tires (so 4 tires on the car and 2 tires off). 73,000 miles.

Mine has the Cold weather package which some don't, which means it has heated seats x 4, heated steering wheel.

Has new rear brakes as of 2 weeks ago.

Has bluetooth parrot car kit (plays over the factory range rover speakers)

Has a remote start system (3000 FT range) 2 way will confirm that your vehicle started on the remote

Mine is bonnati grey (so its not black)

I would let mine go around $20k

1 - 4 of 4 Posts