RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Range Rover Steering Column ECU replacement ? Programming ?

trying to see if i can fix this now called a localjunkyard and they had a steering column for 450 dllrs they recently sold so if i can find another one for that price im all for it. SO my question is can i buy and used steering column ? is there a part number i need to match ? does it have to be vin specific ? another this is once installed will in need programming ? or just need to be reset ? i have the autel maxidas ds708 i beliieve is what its called and i got all the error codes there for my steering column can i program or reset it with that tool ? procedures, software, diagrams, anything will be helpful i also just got the mitchell1 pro demand but couldnt find anything there except confirming the steering ecu is in the column and is non serviceable that i will have to replace the whole assembly.

·
Banned
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
177 Posts
Re: 2003 Range Rover Steering Column ECU replacement ? Programming ?

no you do not need to reset or reprogram anything it is a simply plug and play i have replaced more than 20 of these sterring colums if you need a replacment i can direct you to a dismantling shop near me they can get you one

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
45 Posts
Re: 2003 Range Rover Steering Column ECU replacement ? Programming ?

Hi, I replaced the steering column on my UK 2004 L322 V8 due to a broken tab on the elevation motor. It took about about a day but I guess I could do it quicker now. The steering angle sensor on the bottom of the column will need coding with your car and then resetting by going through the usual, turn wheel full left then full right procedure. I used Storey Wilson RSW solution diagnostic tool which I would highly recommend: http://www.rswsolutions.com/

There are some subtle differences between the steering columns so I would suggest obtaining one with exactly the same part number

Good luck...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts