RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 Range Rover P0304 misfire but I replaced coil n spark plug?

So I have a flashing check engine light on becase a cylinder misfire on number 4. I've changed boots with other cylinders and still same thing I bought new coil n boot n spark plug but I still have code and a rough idle. Also my power in car fluctuates the dash andights once I start going its fine. When Im driving car drives fine check engine light doesn't blink. And I check for any leaky gaskits with carb spray were all good there? Would a pcv system do this to make it miss fire

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,952 Posts
Re: 2003 Range Rover P0304 misfire but I replaced coil n spark plug?

yes PVC system must function correctly as well as the intake manifold gaskets,

Note if the intake has never been done on your truck best bet is to refurbish it,
look on Ebay for the intake seal kits,
also consider swapping in new cam cover gaskets and getting the covers powder coated,
and get new PVC parts and all the hoses.
Also replace the Valley cover plate since the intake will be off

·
Registered
300 Posts

Are you sure you are looking at the correct cylinder? There is conflicting information in this forum about which cylinder is which. I believe that drivers side going from front to rear are 1-4.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts

There is conflicting information in this forum about which cylinder is which. I believe that drivers side going from front to rear are 1-4.
Yes and maybe. Early L322 engines are numbered differently than almost every other V8 out there. Cylinders are numbered from the front of the engine with 1-4 on the right bank and 5-8 on the left bank. Terms like "driver's side" really shouldn't be avoided so as not to confuse people from different markets.

The number 4 cylinder will be at the rear of the right bank closest to the firewall.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I'm sure it's the right cylinder I've done my homework on it n tested it with other cylinders. So pcv system would make my cylinder 4 misfire? I don't see how it would make it misfire

·
Registered
1,952 Posts

the answers you seek will be found when you replace all of the seals and hoses and PVC unit.
SRSLY Stevo if your intake has never been messed with dig in and do a refurbish,
You will find many worn parts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thank you for posting about your rough idle. Did replacing the air intake seals, hoses and pvc fix your idle? I have the same issues, only my error code is for cylinder #3. 2004 L322 HSE, 140k miles.

Jan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts