Range Rovers Forum banner

2003 Range Rover HSE 4x4 Passenger Door lock/unlock window issues.

7K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  maverixz 
#1 ·
2003 Range Rover HSE 4x4 Passenger Door lock/unlock window issues.

Hi everyone so I bought a used 2003 Range Rover and the passenger side door does not lock/unlock neither does the window go down or up when i use the driver side door control switch. When i use the FOB it also does not function for unlock or when I hold the unlock button for 5 seconds all the windows go down except the passenger side window. Any idea what is causing the issue any advice would be greatly appreciated. Yet if you need any info from me pics or video please let me know I will post as soon as possible.

#2 ·
Re: 2003 Range Rover HSE 4x4 Passenger Door lock/unlock window issues.

Most common issue with this would be that doors window switch(controls the window, door lock, and mirror operation) however I have had several with corrosion in the connector in the door jam that goes through the body, easy enough to check that first.

#3 ·

Most common issue with this would be that doors window switch(controls the window, door lock, and mirror operation) however I have had several with corrosion in the connector in the door jam that goes through the body, easy enough to check that first.
Thanks for your response. I've had this issue for sometime now. Can you kindly show a picture of where the possibly corroded connector specifically is?

#5 ·

It is the only connector in between the door and the body. Held in place by a 8mm bolt, and a little tight to pull out of the body to be able to separate.
Thanks again for your kind assistance with this issue. There is only one Range Rover dealership within a 60 mile radius of where I am and almost all the independent mechanic shops don't want to touch it except one so I want to assist them as much as I can with the troubleshooting process based on your recommendations.

I presume the part below is the window switch you mentioned earlier.

http://www.roverlandparts.com/2003-...-and-4-2l-supercharged-hse---right-front.aspx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.