RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
2003 Range Rover EAS (Air Suspension Question) inactive air susp.

Hello few weeks back took the L322 through some snow. Went to go fill up at a gas station and after i restareted the motor the "air susp. inactive" came on, car was still sitting level so i drove it home and parked it. Next day took it to a shop and I guess the cold and snow cracked the Passenger side front levelling sensor which was fixed and the system reset itself and worked good for about a week. Then i got the message again, I had the shop scan it and it came up as "reservoir pressure drops while filling" Car was still level but after about another week of driving with the "air susp. inactive" i noticed the driver side front is sitting lower then others (causing the passenger rear to sit higher aswell).

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
887 Posts
Re: 2003 Range Rover EAS (Air Suspension Question) inactive air susp.

It sounds like a leak somewhere between the pump and the valve block, which includes the air tank. Could also be the pump is not running, although the system thinks it is.

Although it could be the driver side strut is leaking, I think that just settled slowly during the week after the system shut down.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
Re: 2003 Range Rover EAS (Air Suspension Question) inactive air susp.

Here ye go...
Look at the possibility of a bad compressor, not filling the tank fast enough, a bad check valve, and so on. ASSuming all wiring checks out OK.

Reservoir Pressure Drops Initially When Filling / Reservoir Pressure Drops When Filling - The ECU is attempting to fill the reservoir and the measured reservoir pressure is decreasing. Normally the reservoir pressure is expected to drop in the first few seconds after the reservoir valve is opened as the pressures in the reservoir and air pipes equalize. During this time, the threshold to detect a defect is set larger so that normal operation won't be detected as a defect but a very big pressure drop will. After a few seconds the reservoir pressure is expected to rise so the threshold to detect the defect is decreased to increase the sensitivity of how the ECU detects this fault. Hence a very big air leak will show as one fault while a smaller leak will show as another.To fix these faults, firstly, check the reservoir and pipes for leaks. Secondly check the exhaust valve is not stuck open by using the Autologic to check the reservoir pressure. If the pressure is dropping significantly the exhaust valve or pressure relief valve is leaking

Check the wiring to the pressure sensor. The wiring can chafe on the rear sub frame and cause a high resistance in the wiring. The ECU interprets the high resistance as a greater than usual pressure drop. It can sometimes be quicker to run an overlay harness to the pressure sensor as the wiring can be difficult to get to as it passes around the rear sub frame.

Martin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts