RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I followed some advice after my beloved L322 threw the air suspension inactive at me.
I disconnected the battery at both terminals waited then touched the two leads together to reset the system, reconnected the battery and now it won't release the steering lock or start. The interior light came on but thats it!!!

Anybody know whats going on here

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
160 Posts
Might try removing the key, wait at least 2 minutes, disconnect battery, wait a few hours, then reconnect. Check battery voltage while you're at it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Gotta ask, did that touch leads together advice come from a Rover mechanic or other expert? Hadn't heard that before. Perhaps others can comment.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Gotta ask, did that touch leads together advice come from a Rover mechanic or other expert? Hadn't heard that before. Perhaps others can comment.
It’s a well known ECU reset procedure. Remove the key from the ignition. Wait a minute or so til everything “goes to sleep” typically once the orange light on the radio knob goes out. Proceed. Always disconnect the negative terminal first. Then last when reconnecting the battery.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Interesting, thanks for that info, DaveCap. How does this method compare to the "Disconnect battery for a few hours" method? Just faster? And is one "safer" for electronics than the other?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Interesting, thanks for that info, DaveCap. How does this method compare to the "Disconnect battery for a few hours" method? Just faster? And is one "safer" for electronics than the other?
I'm not sure. I'm not familiar with the 'wait a few hours' method. All of my education was gained right here at Range Rovers.net University. Especially when I had my '05 and '10. Owning one of these rigs requires 2 things, a code reader and a registration to this site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Everybody,
Well firstly NO the touching of leads together does not work!! I ended up buying a L322 tech reader/reset gadget only to find out it was something well minor to do with canbus fault!!!
The vehicle wouldn't start because the battery had given up and died. So new battery fitted and my beloved L322 is up and running.

Has anyone had issues with their steering rake? As in the reach adjustment not the up & down bit?

·
Registered
160 Posts
FYI, after reconnecting a battery, starting the engine and briefly turning the steering wheel full-left then full-right will reset several systems including steering centering (not related to your steering wheel matter).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts