RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello-

About 5 days ago, I noticed that my my 2003 HSE was idling higher than normal in park and running much rougher than normal. When I took it above 45 mph, it became more pronounced. I took it to AutoZone today and the diagnostic tool gave me 4 error codes.

- P0308 Cylinder Number 8 misfire detected
- P1170 (no explanation)
- P1171 (no explanation)
- P1174 (no explanation)

Can someone help me out in determining what the other codes are? I'd also like to know if this is a relatively simple (read: inexpensive) fix. I'm not mechanically inclined, but I know a few folks who are that would help out.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me.200

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
I think 02 sensor codes, possible due to your misfire. repair misfire, clear codes reset parameters perform drive cycle "c" recheck for codes if 1170 codes return replace 02 sensors.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
113 Posts
How many miles do you have on it?

Here are some other possibilities:

Spark plugs fouled
Ignition coils worn
Fuel filter clogged
Fuel pump bad
Fuel pump relay (trunk fuse box)
Throttle body worn, damaged, malfunctioning
Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) valve, or cyclonic oil separator clogged or not functioning correctly

Or worst case scenario:
VANOS seals deteriorated, or solenoids not functioning correctly
Timing chain guide shattered (is there a pronounced clattering noise?)

I would start basic troubleshooting with the following:

0. Clear all codes
1. Check for spark (plugs, coils)
2. Check fuel pressure/flow (you can remove the cap on the fuel rail and poke it with a screwdriver lightly to see if there is fuel pressure, or purchase/borrow a fuel pressure gauge and screw it on that schraeder valve to check the pressure)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts