RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 HSE with the stock nav system. Recently the GPS cannot pick up where I am... Also I have never been able to pick up any radio stations. My question is the the GPS and radio antenna the same unit. There are some frayed wires from the antenna to the inside of the truck and also they guy that had it before me put in a XM radio and they tied into the antenna to get the signal. I'm really just wondering how this whole system works. Where I can buy a new antenna, and how much they cost. Please let me know.
Aaron

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,369 Posts
The GPS aerial is a separate unit that sits in the rear 'spoiler' at the top of the upper tailgate. Its part number is XUI000030 and it costs around £140 here in the UK.
The radio aerials are in the rear window (uses the heated rear screen element) and the LH rear side window (diversity signal).

Phil

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Since you have an early model MarkIII I would download RAVE and look into the lead that the previous owner butchered. This lead may be able to be obtained at the breakers. I would then check the lead for the GPS aeriel in case he butchered that one first.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts