RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Every one. I have a 2003 4.4 L322 US spec Gasoline Range rover. it does not start with the key. I have ruled out the steering ECU as the steering wheel lock and unlocks with the key being placed in the Ignition and the ground from the steering ecu is present at the Starter relay when the key is turned to crank. I have verified the key is synced with the immobilizer and had an addition key made by a locksmith. both keys activate the steering wheel lock.
the issue that I am having is the ECM is sending a ground to the starter relay when the key is put in crank position. Also the Immobilizer ecu is not sending 12V to the starter relay.

I vehicle will start if I place the key in run position and put 12v to the starter side of the starter relay.

Any help is appreciated. I am in Atlanta

Steve

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,369 Posts
Is the inhibitor switch definitely connected and working?

(i.e. P R N D lights on instrument panel correspond with shift lever position)?

Phil

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
28 Posts
Is the inhibitor switch definitely connected and working?

(i.e. P R N D lights on instrument panel correspond with shift lever position)?

Phil
Hi,

I have the same problem and the instrument panel does not show the lever position.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,369 Posts
The inhibitor switch (also known as the gear position switch or XYZ switch) tells the transmission ECU which position the driver has selected on the shift lever. The same signal is used to light the appropriate letter on the instrument panel. The system will only allow the starter to operate if the Park or Neutral positions are detected.

Phil

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello Every one. I have a 2003 4.4 L322 US spec Gasoline Range rover. it does not start with the key. I have ruled out the steering ECU as the steering wheel lock and unlocks with the key being placed in the Ignition and the ground from the steering ecu is present at the Starter relay when the key is turned to crank. I have verified the key is synced with the immobilizer and had an addition key made by a locksmith. both keys activate the steering wheel lock.
the issue that I am having is the ECM is sending a ground to the starter relay when the key is put in crank position. Also the Immobilizer ecu is not sending 12V to the starter relay.

I vehicle will start if I place the key in run position and put 12v to the starter side of the starter relay.

Any help is appreciated. I am in Atlanta

Steve
Did u find a fix

1 - 6 of 6 Posts