RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have suggestion on what coil conversion kit is best? Should I change out shocks as well? 130k miles. Also anyone near Pittsburgh Pa that can do the work?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
165 Posts
You should change the shocks with the coils.the shocks for the air springs don't provide enough damping for the coils I feel the ride quality is diminished. I have installed many coil conversions from Atlantic British. The fit of the parts is excellent. The height of the truck after conversion is slightly lower than standard height and the springs tend to sag within a year.I have recently installed a Terrafirma kit in my personal Rangie and have found the ride to be excellent.I used the 223hd kit .The lift is approx. 2 inches from standard height. The rear springs need trim packers with this kit as the rear ends up approx. 1/2 inch lower than the front if you don't have a winch.Check Alan Bates website at Rockrover.com for a more detailed look at tech. info on coil conversion.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
OME is the smart way to go, more money up front but no sagging in the long run. Do your research! There is so much info on this site about coils. Alan Bates site, is also good resource as already stated..

·
Registered
374 Posts
97P38, can you please post up a pic of your Rangie, I haven't seen the Terra Firma kit yet, just want to see what it looks like installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts