RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So just bought a new old p38, I have four of them, radio works fine when key is out of ignition sound and volume control works as it should, soon as you start vehicle sound only comes from rear speakers and you have no control of the volume, car has to be turned off to work volume........
tried swapping the head so its not the radio itself, any ideas anyone ?

·
Banned
3,952 Posts
2002 isn't old, that's a new one! You probably have the HK DSP system with the amp in the back next to the sub, I'd start by looking at, or swapping, that.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
520 Posts
Mine does this when it has the white screen of death on the Nav screen. Replacing the head unit will not fix it. As gilbert says check the Amp in the trunk for water damage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issue, I don't think that the amp is at fault because it works fine when the vehicle has been turned off for a few minutes. More than likely it is something to do with the aux input from the Satnav or a handsfree phone input. I'd love to know how the system works to lower the radio volume in the front to allow for the audio from the Satnav to be heard. Its could be something like a wire from the Satnav needs disconnected or earthed. My Satnav doesn't work anyway.

·
Registered
155 Posts
That's the mute from the sat nav, cutting out the sound system. Cut the power to the sat nav to see if it fixes the audio.

I had the same issue when I was restoring my original audio system.

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts