RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've owned the RR for about 6 months. It has been great until now.
Problem 1. The F6 10 Amp fuse located in the passenger seat fuse box keeps blowing as soon as I turn the key on. I was driving it a few days ago and it just shut off. Computer gave me an F6 fuse failure.
Problem 2. Now the hood wont open. Don't think this is related to the fuse. As I release the latch it appears that the passenger side releases, but the driver's side does not. Any suggestions on how to get the hood open, as well as the fuse problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
What year car? F6 feeds different things on different years.

Reference to fusebox under the passenger seat suggests LHD as the fuses on the BeCM (it isn't a fusebox, it's the whole brain of the car), are under the RH seat. Going on that, it can be assumed that it is the LH bonnet latch that isn't opening. Get underneath and look up while someone else pulls on the release. Is the latch cable moving but not far enough or not moving at all?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year car? F6 feeds different things on different years.

Reference to fusebox under the passenger seat suggests LHD as the fuses on the BeCM (it isn't a fusebox, it's the whole brain of the car), are under the RH seat. Going on that, it can be assumed that it is the LH bonnet latch that isn't opening. Get underneath and look up while someone else pulls on the release. Is the latch cable moving but not far enough or not moving at all?
Thanks Richard. Its a 2002 HSE 4.6. As I have never owned a RR before, am I to assume that there is an electrical component that assists in opening the hood? I assumed the interior release triggered a cable connected assembly that ultimately was finished with the compression of the hand catch just under the hood.
It feels as if the driver's side is not releasing as there is almost no give/movement whatsoever there when the interior release handle is pulled. However on the other/passenger side there is quite a bit of play when attempting to lift the hood.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
On your 2002, F6 powers a few different things, sun-visor lamp, rear view mirror, and sunroof anti-trap i believe.

What I would do to narrow in on the problem is to disconnect connectors C0736, C0737, C1586, C1290, C0126 (if I got those numbers right. Better to check Rave yourself to verify) one at a time and see if the fuse blows. Or you could simply test by doing a resistance check on each of the wires if you don't want to power things up. Doesn't seem like too many things on that circuit, so should be pretty quick to narrow down on things. Find a link to RAVE in the FAQ sticky if you don't already have it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
am I to assume that there is an electrical component that assists in opening the hood?
No nothing electrical, just two cables from the release handle to the two latches. You could always take the plastic kick panel cover off and just pull on the cables with a pair of pliers......

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found the problem with the fuse. Driver's sun visor is off. The two small wires that control the lamp were touching and causing F6 fuse to blow.
Thanks for everyone's help !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts