RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Gents/ladies
Strange one, a 02 hse that has just been purchased with two inactive remotes and nothing happening from the alarm system. No dash top red led when locked manually. Remotes are lighting up and I have swapped the ultrasonic sensor, but no change. Car was sent from a dealership with the EAS in transport mode, can't really see how this could be linked???? Dealership say that all was working there end. I am getting an alarmfault in the message centre screen. Help please!!!!!
Regards Russell.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
In order to be placed in transport mode they would have accessed the BeCM settings. Perhaps they deactivated the alarm system as a precautionary measure.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rrtoadhall said:
In order to be placed in transport mode they would have accessed the BeCM settings. Perhaps they deactivated the alarm system as a precautionary measure.
Yep, thought of that and checked it. Setting in becm is active. Also tried the EKA method no go!!!! Russell.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: 2002 HSE alarm/remote inactive FIXED!!!!

Alright, strange this. As said before no alarm functions and no remote control operation. Went into the BECM again to check all settings, which all were correct. I then change all alarm/immobilizer functions to disable, saved these changes. I then went in again and re-set all factory defaults back to how they were and bingo!!!!! all functioning correctly. I can only think it was a bit of BECM electronic semantics!!!!! This may be useful to some who are having similar problems.
Regards Russell. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
HSE said:
rrtoadhall said:
In order to be placed in transport mode they would have accessed the BeCM settings.
Yep, thought of that and checked it.
EAS 'transport mode', is a command issued to the EAS ECU, not BECM. I have never used a faultmate though, so you may need to go in to the BECM settings to effect this in faultmate (but I doubt it).

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
paul.adshead said:
HSE said:
rrtoadhall said:
In order to be placed in transport mode they would have accessed the BeCM settings.
EAS 'transport mode', is a command issued to the EAS ECU, not BECM. I have never used a faultmate though, so you may need to go in to the BECM settings to effect this in faultmate (but I doubt it).
Yes true, but some dealerships along with the transport mode de-activate the alarm/immobilizer via the BECM as well. Transport drivers not understanding the electronics of the car and having to move the vehicle.
Regards Russell.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Man these things are a nightmare, can't get mine to program for the life of me. I think I am just going to give up and take it to the dealer and tell them to get my **** remote working.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
luvs2getmuddy said:
Man these things are a nightmare, can't get mine to program for the life of me. I think I am just going to give up and take it to the dealer and tell them to get my **** remote working.
I take you just won the lottery? :lol:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
luvs2getmuddy said:
Try and find someone near with a diagnostic system suited to your RR even an indy. It took me a couple of hours to go through all of the steps required to get the remotes/alarm system running. I would hate to see what a dealership would do to solve the problem. It's a game of patients and persistance.
Regards Russell.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
paul.adshead said:
HSE said:
rrtoadhall said:
Paul is dead on as usual. It's been so long since I've used transport I I forgot which section it was in. :oops:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts