RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked at one this summer here in MN at the dealer. A buddy of mine is in sales
they got one and another 2002 with 500 miles went to Chicago. Think they were asking
$23k for the one in MN. White in color but man it was still like new. Kinda wishing
I woulda/coulda bought it. They both were unregistered from the factory.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
I'd rather have one with 50k miles that's been serviced. 9 year old car that's done nothing but sit = a HUGE can of worms.

Unless you were going to just store it as a collector car...then I could see it. Even though it probably won't be worth $20k + for another 25-30 years.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No didnt take any pics. It didnt just sit at the factory I was told they used it for training mx not that thats a good
thing necessarily but suppose they replaced seals and gaskets along with other parts over the years
as they trained the techs.

·
Registered
195 Posts
not true, regardless if its not regiesterd. I worked for VW back in 2004 and we had a few 2002 models left and the warranty wasnt the same. so the warranty for an 8yr old car wont be the same either, theres many older cars out there that havnt been regiesterd, doesnt mean a 70s mustang with still have a factory warranty

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
LR could be different than VW.

I know for a fact that with Volvo, the warranty doesn't start until the "in service" date... so if it was never registered, the car's warranty would officially start the day it was. 4 years/ 50k miles from the in service date.

·
Registered
195 Posts
yea, if you look somewhere, it will have a low about te car needing to be sold 1 yr after being in the dealer, which i actually think there is now that im remembering this bc I remember this situation and we had to discount the car way below invoice since the warranty was less than it should be. After it sits in the dealer lot for so long , like over 300+ days (cant remember exactly) the dealer starts paying rent for those cars out of there pockets, cant quite remember everything

1 - 9 of 9 Posts