RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, just completed the bodywork upgrade from 2002 to 2010 and looks great but now started the wiring and need some help if anyones completed this job (rwdrift/ogy maybe..please!!).

Pinned most of the wires according to l322.com diagram but on the n/side it states that the blue/green side light wire goes to 2 pins, the (pin 4 -pos angel eyes power and pin 16- pos box side lights permanent power) Is this correct and do you just split the orig wire and take 2 pins of one wire.

Any tips appreciated as lots of head scratching and no lights!! NIck.

·
Registered
101 Posts
yes think thats right its a while since i did mine now. for some reason the led rings need two lives and an earth. just join two wires to your existing side light feed and join them to the pins.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Top man. Thanks ogy. Did you find the l322 wiring diagram accurate as i thought he colours of the side light and indicators wires were mixed up? It may just of been me though!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I only used his pin numbers. I worked out which wires from the car by looking at what they were connected to originally. I didnt refer to his wire colours.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
31 Posts
How much did you spend total on your upgrade. I have on 04 and am think'n about upgrading also, your Rover looks great.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I spent around 2k on the bits and did conversion myself with help of friend. Should be able to sell old bits for £400 ish though. That price is combination of second hand parts and new.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update- If anyones interested or considering conversion in the future, pin 4 and 16 both on 2010 connector come from the one side light wire positive (eg split the wire to feed 2 pins). The wiring colours are wrong for my model (52 plate 2002 model, maybe correct for others) on the l322.com site, but as Ogy says above just make sure you know which one is your indicator and which one is your side light wires before you cut the ends off!! All the pin numbers on the 2010 headlight are correct and when wired up i have got all my front lights with just the indicators flashing too fast. No issue with LED DLR though which i was expecting. Also no dash warning lights. Tried wiring in the resistor kit I bought and then nothing worked so i will be going back to them on this. Currently on the rear 2010 lights i have just cut the rear fog wire ( this stays on for some reason) so i am on the roadagain but with x2 faster flashing indicators.

Will post some pics shortly,

Any advise for easy fix on rear lights/ indicators appreciated.

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you view my other posts on here I have covered the fog light relay. You just need a load resistor or bulb to cure the fast flash. Just join 2 wires to the indicator live and earth and join them to a load resistor or a bulb. ( you have to do this on all four corners)
You should really put a voltage dropper on your rear tail lights as they should only get 6 v they are very bright at night and could fail early due to overpowering.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi, i have read your other posts previously so will have to re read. I might try your bulb idea. Do you simply get the bulb holder and put it in line before the actual light plug and how do you cover the flash safely?

·
Registered
26 Posts
hello, im in the middle of doing this conversion to mine. its a 2004 td6, i done the wiring following the diagram on the l322 site and am left with three wires on the oringinal headlight plug. pins 3,4 and 5, has every one else ended up with these left over? are they not needed for anything on the 2010 headlight?
thanks for any info.
arron.

·
Registered
101 Posts
just connect the bulb to the same wires as indicator. if you do it in series the led indicator wont work if bulb blows. i bought some cheap landrover defender bulb holders and fastened them low in the inner wing. paint the lenses black. if your indicator flashes fast you know you've a blown bulb. i used the rear stop tail bulb holder and used the stop for indicator and tail for the side light feed which also turns off the bulb warnings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
Iam also in the middle of a conversion of my 2004 range rover and I trying to conver the lights to 2006 headlights. Iam having an issue with the fitting of the passanger headlight it is hitting the filter. Any suggestion or pics to how I can get this to fit?

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
yolandaletyce said:
Hello,
Iam also in the middle of a conversion of my 2004 range rover and I trying to conver the lights to 2006 headlights. Iam having an issue with the fitting of the passanger headlight it is hitting the filter. Any suggestion or pics to how I can get this to fit?
Mine had the conversion to 2006 done and they replaced the stock filter with a K&N filter. They aren't great and it means it now sucks air in from the engine bay rather than cold air from outside. But I've yet to see an alternative.

As you can see, with the airbox removed there is a lot more space:

31102010102 by d86cfv, on Flickr

Dan

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nickj said:
Hi, just completed the bodywork upgrade from 2002 to 2010 and looks great but now started the wiring and need some help if anyones completed this job (rwdrift/ogy maybe..please!!).

Pinned most of the wires according to l322.com diagram but on the n/side it states that the blue/green side light wire goes to 2 pins, the (pin 4 -pos angel eyes power and pin 16- pos box side lights permanent power) Is this correct and do you just split the orig wire and take 2 pins of one wire.

Any tips appreciated as lots of head scratching and no lights!! NIck.
I am trying to get 2010 SC Range Rover LED Tail lights installed on my 2008 SC Range Rover. Other than the tail lights what other part numbers do I need to get this working?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well after a little head scratching and some maths. I have converted my 02 plate. I have got the rear lights working bang on, no flicker when you turn the key so the chrismas tree effect has gone. indicators perfect, fog light perfect, rear light not burning to bright. rellay pleased. thanks to all on the site for there hints and tips. ogy you are the man

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dan,
Can you help me with some information on this step? K&N filter do you know the part number or what it looks like or the site link you got the purchase from?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't use a k&n filter. Any cone filter will do you just need to measure the neck of the bit it attaches to ( might of been 90mm but check as some time i did it). The filters will be available from local motor factors, ebay etc

1 - 20 of 22 Posts