RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After drowning my amp, radio and TV unit about 2months ago I was getting a bit fed up of it being so quiet in the car, also fed up of the archaic GPS unit and the lack of Bluetooth I decided to look around for a replacement.

I've had several Erisin all in ones over the last few years so I contacted them and asked what they could do, well they have just bought out one for the BMW so it will fit the Range Rover without problems.

They did me a good deal on a ES9753EU 7" Pure Android 4.2.2 with a car camera and a 6mtr power lead for £330 all in delivered with them paying the import duty, it was here in 4 days from China...

It has....

- 7 Inch super wide Screen
- Google Android 4.2.2 Operation System, Capacitive Touch Screen, Digital Screen (800*RGB*480)
- Dual-Core 1.6GHz CPU, 1GB RAM, 0.98GB ROM, 5.6GB Internal Memory,
- support extended Media Card/GPS Card/2 USB Stick up to 4*32GB
- Built-In Clock and Calendar
- 8 Panel light colors, and you can setup hundreds of colors via RGB Combination
- Choose 76 open unit logos and Radio Area in Factory Settings
- Built-in WiFi Modem, support 802.11b/g/n WLAN
- Support Dual Zone function, while Navigating you can listen music
- Support Android Multimedia Player, it can play Music/Movie/Photo from local Disc or connected TF Card.
- Support read and edit Official Software, WORD/EXCEL/POWERPOINT/PDF/TXT.
- Support Google Play Store, you can download thousands of Apps
- Support Torque Pro (OBD2 & Car), you can connect a ELM327 Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner Tool to use this function.
- Support 3D Games, HD Video, 1080P, H.264, DIVX Live images Formats
- Support HD Videos up to 1920*1080 pixels, Photo up to 4096*4096 pixels
- 4 x 50w Surround Stereo, Subwoofer Output
- Support Bluetooth hands-free function, built-in microphone and external microphone Jack.
- Support A2DP Bluetooth, can play stereo music through Bluetooth from your Phone
- Download phone book function, you can download contact information from your phone to this unit
- Radio Tuner with RDS, 30 Preset Radio Stations
- USB Port and Micro SD Slot, Support USB Stick and Memory Card up to 32GB
- Built-in Car DVR System, just connect with a USB Camera to use Car Record function. the records will be saved in
GPS card automatically, and you can play saved record on this unit directly.
- Support DVB-T/ATSC Box input, Touch Control and Power supply
- Support Rear View Camera input and reverse trigger Control
- Support Steering Wheel Control, special CanBus Decoder incl.
- Last Position Memory

and a few other things as well, although I haven't found the coffee making app yet!!!

I needed one with a built in amp as I've wired it in directly to the speakers, it does come as plug and play but this plugs into the radio socket so the amp has to work to get any noise...

Was straightforward to fit, had to trim some plastic off the dash cradle to get it to fit right but nothing too taxing, ran the lead to the rear, also had to buy an aerial lead and a fakra adapter.

The steering wheel controls work great and you can customise them if you want different functions.

The night time illumination was taken to the can bus box but didn't work on mine so I wired it directly to the lighting circuit and it works fine now..

I must say it is very good, the 1.6Ghz dual core CPU is very fast and button presses are instant (this was a failing with the earlier ones, you had to wait about a second for any response)

The brightness and clarity of the screen is excellent, and being Android based you can have just about anything you like on it....

Just thought I'd let people know how good it is if they are thinking of getting one..

Basically you rip out all this

get the soldering iron out, well you do if you did it my way... and you end up with another large cubby hole in the boot and this in the dash

http://s252.photobucket.com/user/arativ/media/Range Rover L322/2014-08-16171511_zpsa4932afb.jpg.html

I never used the analogue clock that was set by the old head unit so I decided to replace it with a voltmeter... managed to get a green one to match the dash lights, removed the innards from the clock and fitted it behind the original front.... The head unit has a clock on just about any display and I've still got the one on the gauges as well

http://s252.photobucket.com/user/arativ/media/Range Rover L322/2014-08-16171556_zpse2c27889.jpg.html

A couple more pics

http://s252.photobucket.com/user/arativ/media/Range Rover L322/2014-08-16171621_zps02fbd900.jpg.html

http://s252.photobucket.com/user/arativ/media/Range Rover L322/2014-08-16171729_zps104ce5d4.jpg.html

If anyone wants detailed fitting advice then just let me know...

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
67 Posts
I know a lot of people will probably not like the voltmeter, but I think its a really good idea and a nice neat installation of both the meter and the head unit.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
192 Posts
Wow, I would really like to replace mine with that. I have a 2006 but I have Bluetooth already. Will that one stream music from your phone over Bluetooth? Also, what would I do with my dvd and headrest screens?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will stream music from your phone, but stick a 32gb mini sd card in it and I can't see the point...

It will do two things at once, it has AV out which will play a DVD for the kids in the back while you listen to the radio....

Does your 2006 have the fiber optic link?? this isn't designed to be plug and play with that.... would need some clever wiring.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice install.... Tell me though, is it definately plug and play?
I have an 04 Vogue, sat nav, DSP etc.... are these head units plug and play, or what was required to be soldered to get this to work. Do you have to bypass the DSP and re-run speaker wires to the head unit?
Any info you could give would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in Advance

Paul

·
Registered
24 Posts
What part of the lighting circuit did you tap into for the head units illumination?

Also, what did you use for the switched 12v lead. I started installing a new head unit today and was amazed there was no switched 12v to the MID so now I need to tap into for a switched 12v and for the illumination.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With the DSP you need the 6mtr extension lead, this plugs into the plug that you take out of the old radio unit in the boot, you have to run the cable through the car, you have to take out the front passenger (drivers in US) seat to run the cables neatly past the B post, it takes 12v switched and 12v live and earth from this, it feeds 12v to the aerial amp, it sends it's speaker wires direct to the amp where the DSP does it's job and sends them around the car, it has a built in can bus box on the lead and the steering wheel buttons works fine straight out the box (although I have noticed that the first time you press a steering wheel button from startup it doesn't do anything, you have to press it again then they all work first press until you restart... not much of an issue...) You need to connect the lighting trigger to the unit to the cars loom, the original runs via can bus... I tapped into the rear light loom in the boot as it was nearby and kept it neat... you also need a 6mtr aerial lead and a standard to fakra convertor, these are cheap, but get a good shielded aerial lead.

It is very simple, can't remember the colour of the wire for the lights but I can check if you need to know...

DGee.... there is a loom running down the passenger side (drivers in US) of the center console, remove the side cover and you will find it, there is a switched and permenant 12v in there, just probe the wires with a meter to check, I don't know about the lighting circuit though... sorry

·
Registered
2 Posts
Haylands...... I can't thank you enough, after ages of searching and contradictions.... I'm glad I've found an answer... Im off to purchase one....

Cheers mate

Owe you a beer or 2 :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
I have a 2004MY RR Vogue that has the old analogue TV and want to upgrade as far as possible.

Your post was excellent, I have one query.
On photos 3 & 4 there an adaptor 7 pin plus another couple of thing that mine does not have. Please explain.

many thanks, Paul

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello
I have a 2004MY RR Vogue that has the old analogue TV and want to upgrade as far as possible.

Your post was excellent, I have one query.
On photos 3 & 4 there an adaptor 7 pin plus another couple of thing that mine does not have. Please explain.

many thanks, Paul
They are nothing to do with the head unit, it's a remote plug for a concealed CB, a switch to turn the unit off and an LED to remind you it's on (as it runs permanent 12V and will flatten the battery if left on)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Maybe I'm reading over this, but I assume you loose things like temp, mileage etc on your dash? And does this give any issues?

As for the clock: I was actually thinking of getting a standard 12 v clock from an old car, and fitting the mechanism to this one...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, you don't lose anything on the dash, you can keep the old clock, it works fine, if you need to reset it you do it at midday or midnight, pull the fuse and it returns to 12 o'clock....

The new head unit has a clock on just about every screen and I use the one below the speedo anyway so couldn't see the point of keeping it....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

sorry but i loose all the dash onboard instruments display data...
no more data/time - consuming fuel - and all the other things tath normali was displaied by use original car unit..
i install a 2din android aftermarket unit with the same features as your.
but can't no more setting clock, fuel average consuming, distance an others...
you have some idea tio re4solve this mistake??
thanks and regards from Swoitzerland.

·
Registered
13 Posts
After drowning my amp, radio and TV unit about 2months ago I was getting a bit fed up of it being so quiet in the car, also fed up of the archaic GPS unit and the lack of Bluetooth I decided to look around for a replacement.

I've had several Erisin all in ones over the last few years so I contacted them and asked what they could do, well they have just bought out one for the BMW so it will fit the Range Rover without problems.

They did me a good deal on a ES9753EU 7" Pure Android 4.2.2 with a car camera and a 6mtr power lead for £330 all in delivered with them paying the import duty, it was here in 4 days from China...

It has....

- 7 Inch super wide Screen
  • Google Android 4.2.2 Operation System, Capacitive Touch Screen, Digital Screen (800*RGB*480)
  • Dual-Core 1.6GHz CPU, 1GB RAM, 0.98GB ROM, 5.6GB Internal Memory,
  • support extended Media Card/GPS Card/2 USB Stick up to 4*32GB
  • Built-In Clock and Calendar
  • 8 Panel light colors, and you can setup hundreds of colors via RGB Combination
  • Choose 76 open unit logos and Radio Area in Factory Settings
  • Built-in WiFi Modem, support 802.11b/g/n WLAN
  • Support Dual Zone function, while Navigating you can listen music
  • Support Android Multimedia Player, it can play Music/Movie/Photo from local Disc or connected TF Card.
  • Support read and edit Official Software, WORD/EXCEL/POWERPOINT/PDF/TXT.
  • Support Google Play Store, you can download thousands of Apps
  • Support Torque Pro (OBD2 & Car), you can connect a ELM327 Bluetooth OBD2 Scanner Tool to use this function.
  • Support 3D Games, HD Video, 1080P, H.264, DIVX Live images Formats
  • Support HD Videos up to 1920*1080 pixels, Photo up to 4096*4096 pixels
  • 4 x 50w Surround Stereo, Subwoofer Output
  • Support Bluetooth hands-free function, built-in microphone and external microphone Jack.
  • Support A2DP Bluetooth, can play stereo music through Bluetooth from your Phone
  • Download phone book function, you can download contact information from your phone to this unit
  • Radio Tuner with RDS, 30 Preset Radio Stations
  • USB Port and Micro SD Slot, Support USB Stick and Memory Card up to 32GB
  • Built-in Car DVR System, just connect with a USB Camera to use Car Record function. the records will be saved in
GPS card automatically, and you can play saved record on this unit directly.
  • Support DVB-T/ATSC Box input, Touch Control and Power supply
  • Support Rear View Camera input and reverse trigger Control
  • Support Steering Wheel Control, special CanBus Decoder incl.
  • Last Position Memory
and a few other things as well, although I haven't found the coffee making app yet!!!

I needed one with a built in amp as I've wired it in directly to the speakers, it does come as plug and play but this plugs into the radio socket so the amp has to work to get any noise...

Was straightforward to fit, had to trim some plastic off the dash cradle to get it to fit right but nothing too taxing, ran the lead to the rear, also had to buy an aerial lead and a fakra adapter.

The steering wheel controls work great and you can customise them if you want different functions.

The night time illumination was taken to the can bus box but didn't work on mine so I wired it directly to the lighting circuit and it works fine now..

I must say it is very good, the 1.6Ghz dual core CPU is very fast and button presses are instant (this was a failing with the earlier ones, you had to wait about a second for any response)

The brightness and clarity of the screen is excellent, and being Android based you can have just about anything you like on it....

Just thought I'd let people know how good it is if they are thinking of getting one..

Basically you rip out all this

get the soldering iron out, well you do if you did it my way... and you end up with another large cubby hole in the boot and this in the dash

Photo by Peter Hitchcock

I never used the analogue clock that was set by the old head unit so I decided to replace it with a voltmeter... managed to get a green one to match the dash lights, removed the innards from the clock and fitted it behind the original front.... The head unit has a clock on just about any display and I've still got the one on the gauges as well

Photo by Peter Hitchcock

A couple more pics

Photo by Peter Hitchcock

Photo by Peter Hitchcock

If anyone wants detailed fitting advice then just let me know...
I like that voltage dial. How i find one of them and install it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts