RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello can anybody help I have a 2001 Rangey it shuts down after about 10-15minutes then will not restart until it cools down.
I did have an issue with the air flow sensor but that has been replaced. :?

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Could be related to something like the engine, fuel and/or air intake temperature sensor.

I suggest a session on T4 to find out exactly what.

·
Registered
820 Posts
That could be something simple like the fuel relay.

With those symptoms it would be the first thing i looked at.

I'd run it again with the bonnet open & when it cuts out check the temperature of the relays, if this is the cause they will be to hot to touch.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had a similar issue with my '01 P38. On my way to work my P38 died. I pushed it to the side of the road and called the mechanic I normally go to for issues. I explained what it did and his first comment was the CKP (crankshaft) sensor. After we got off the phone I was able to start the truck and I drove it the rest of the way to work. It died as I was pulling into the parking lot at work. I asked the mechanic to order me the CKP sensor. He did, and I came to the parking lot at my work and installed it with my father-in-law. Took me about an hour, maybe a little more.

My "check engine" light did not come on for the problem so if your's isn't on I'd get a second opinion, but the CKP sensor would be my first guess. It costs about 100 USD. If you're going to have an issue it's not a bad one to have.

Hope this helps.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,425 Posts
The fuel pump relay gets hot and overheats the fusebox PCB. You could try wiggling it around the next time it stops. See RL12.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts