RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone!
I am new to forums and if i do something wrong, excuse me.
Any way, I own a range rover P38 that is supposed to be 2001 Holland & Holland edition but so far I can not find if there were any of these cars imported in 2001. Only 125 in 2000. Mine says its higher number than 125 and is manufactured 12:00, but is registered as 2001. So I guess my question is if its possible this car to be some kind of "replica" or if anyone know something about H&H in 2001. Everything that H&H should have is present, only the bags and the tables on the front seats are missing. The bags I guess lost by previous owner and tables haven't been there at all. Thank you and hope I did everything correct.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Having seen a H&H in person I seriously doubt anyone would fake one. A complete set of matte finised, inlayed wood work, saddle seats, door panels and dual tone steering wheel could be moved over from a wrecked H&H I suppose, but the Special Edition tag under the hood or on the drivers door edge would be missing. Even if they took the further step to move the SE tagging over it would have a correct number between 1 and 125. As far as the tray tables I wasn;t aware that the H7H came with them.

Registration date could very well be 2001 for a 2000 rig depending on it's original state's registration regulations. For instance my current rig is a 97 by production but a 98 on registration because it wasn't actually brought into the US until 98.

Post up some pics and let's see!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Tables were an option... not sure what the split was, I've seen pics of both on ebay examples. Pricey.... what are the bags?? Luggage?

Are the seat backs showing any screw holes, patched up? Maybe u have a uk spec, what does the vin and carfax tell u???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First I want to thank you for the fast responses:)
Pics will be up very soon. Vin and carfax are telling its a US specs, dont see any signs of wholes on the seats or anything like that. Now two things are still mystery to me: First my special tag on the door is higher number than 1 to 125 and the special tag under the hood I cant see at all, or I just dont know where to look.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Special tags are rather a grey area. Some are on the door edge like yours. Some are under the hood on the slam panel. Some rigs have both and some rigs have neither. I wouldn't worry too much. Bags and other special items disappear over the years or folks just don't want to part with them. THen you get an owner like me that purposely removed special options that came with my rig. As far as the H&H the big tell tale is naturally the matte finished, inlaid woodwork. Even something as special as a limited styled steering wheel can be changed over the years. Yours is or would have been dual toned leather. If it were badly worn it may have been changed out. My rig came with a very kewl banded wood and leather wheel. I gave it to a buddy because it was scratched and chipped from the original owners rings and didn't want to bother with refinishing.

·
Registered
898 Posts
H&H editions are nice. Hope yours is in good shape.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Special tags are rather a grey area. Some are on the door edge like yours. Some are under the hood on the slam panel. Some rigs have both and some rigs have neither. I wouldn't worry too much. Bags and other special items disappear over the years or folks just don't want to part with them. THen you get an owner like me that purposely removed special options that came with my rig. As far as the H&H the big tell tale is naturally the matte finished, inlaid woodwork. Even something as special as a limited styled steering wheel can be changed over the years. Yours is or would have been dual toned leather. If it were badly worn it may have been changed out. My rig came with a very kewl banded wood and leather wheel. I gave it to a buddy because it was scratched and chipped from the original owners rings and didn't want to bother with refinishing.
I believe its teak wood as well. Not walnut

·
Registered
234 Posts
Holland and Holland Range Rovers were done by Overfinch, hence no Land Rover Special Vehicles tags.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for the responds, I think it really is one since most of the information for these vehicles match.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Several comments. From what I've read and been told, H&Hs came in both 2000 (mine is 120 of 125 for North America) and 2001. I have seen a few other H&H in the Southeast and there are differences between the two model years, mostly in the navigation system and those controls. I have never seen one with the tray tables, and assume that the government crash standards might take a dim view of sharp, unyielding edges. The most disappearing items included a dufflebag in nice brown leather and a brown plastic sheet that was folded in the luggage area to allow you to keep muddy or soiled items at bay. As far as I know, Overfinch had nothing to do with these cars because they were built on the regular assembly lines at Soullihul, but trimmed by Rover's Special Vehicles department. Supposedly, half of the allotments came to North America, the rest to other continents in each of the two years. In parts of Europe, especially France and Belgium, BMW diesels were used in them instead of the 4.6 V-8s. Mine is still very nice, top and bottom, complete with the H&H brown custom floor mats. I do wish I could find the bag and plastic sheet that came with the car, however. Mine is a garage queen with only 65,000 careful miles. But not good enough to avoid a blown head gasket or heater O-rings. God Save the Queen!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
93 Posts
Mine has the tables built into the back of the front seats and the centre armrest/glovebox is different due to the dvd player. Also has a picnic table folded into a bag and stored in the boot.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Table trays were not part of the H&H package. ALthough very neet and very desirable at the time, they were not an H&H package but an additional owner option at the time. In fact they are still an option depending on source.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mine has the tables built into the back of the front seats and the centre armrest/glovebox is different due to the dvd player. Also has a picnic table folded into a bag and stored in the boot.
pictures of the picnic table?? please!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dunno if the OP is still interested in knowing of these guys being in America, but I have a 01 Holland and Holland, it's also over 125 No. wise, and mine came with the table as well, no duffles though. (I'm the second owner, btw.)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts