RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...2001 HSE with 132,000 miles...

No accidents
Clean
New brakes
132,000 miles
Tan on Lightstone

Needs window regulator.
Driver side mirror does not work
"Inconsistent" heat and A/C on passenger side (I beleive this is the blend motor)

4,800 bucks...the KBB is around 7,000, im just wondering if I can buy this thing and make money on it. What do you guys think?

G

·
0 Posts
Too much $.

Based upon age, miles and necessary repairs, not worth more than $2,500 to $3,000 at most to me.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Making money on a P48 can be tough. If you get if for $4k it may be worthwhile. Granted, you have to do all the work yourself. Also, there may be more issues that you are unaware of so be sure to go over everything on the truck (EAS, HVAC, coolant leaks, etc, etc.) Unfortunately, there just isn't a big market for these vehicles, hence the reason they are going for so cheap. I got mine well under blue book as well, but I intend to keep it awhile and still think I got a good deal. There are other P38s that I looked at in December that are still on the market! I love my truck, but a lot of people are scared of the unreliability and repair costs.

·
Registered
211 Posts
To answer your question - NO.

You'll be sitting on it.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I agree. No money in it. I just bought a 90 943 Bobcat [74 HP perkins diesel] for 2450 Cdn delivered. Most are listed at 2-3 that amount [1750hrs] but I would be thrilled to get most back after a bit of use. Just trying to rationalize the purchase but if it works I'll be happy. So if you get it and fix it, be happy to keep it. Just my .02.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts