RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beating another dead horse, I have searched, read and downloaded the few threads related to remote start, the wirings and instructions found were nearly on spot, very little difference at lock wiring and ignition switch versus becm.
that being said I am installing a crimestopper RS7-G5 FM, it comes with lock unlock feature as well as factory disarm feature. the system is wired and the few features are working, because of the negative electrical system on the p38, I had to convert polarities.

when I start the vehicle using remote start, it starts and runs normally but starter solenoid remains engaged thus making starter grind. if I take my power probe and pulse power to white/red stripe wire the grinding stops. some how the remote system or power conversion relays seems to backfeed signal to solenoid thus causing concern. I have tried running a separate signal wire direct to starter solenoid and the concern continues.
remote system has a tach learn wire and function which when not connected or working corrected will cause a concern similar to my current, I have wired, performed learn procedure and thru internal testing verified all is in working order yet issue continues.

any ideas are welcome, Marty perhaps you may have a solution or suggestion.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
4,157 Posts
Hmm - I'll have a look at the manual and see what / if I can come up with anything.

How is it currently wired?

The last remote start I had a look at with another owner ended up in his BECM being sent to me as one of the components on the logic board had been killed by it. I was able to trace it and repair - but care does need to be taken wiring in anything like that on a P38, as most of the signals that go to/from the BECM are all low current either logic or switching signals (to a relay for example) rather than higher current physical switches.

If you're able to give me an idea of how it's wired into the vehicle, then I might be able to help more.

Marty

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Marty, hi and thanks for responding. the remote module does not have negative output, its start signal output is positive thus by using 30/40 amp spdt relays I am converting signals to the negative low current needed.

to avoid having cluster of relays just flopping at BECM and or an create and install extra harness of wires performing the same task as factory wires, I tapped at the steering column. LHD. my wiring is short and my relays are secured at steering column.

the white with red stripe is my solenoid signal, the white is my run signal and the white with pink stripe is my accessory, from the module brown goes to solenoid, pink goes to white, and gray goes to white with pink stripe.

lighting signal is negative and taken from orange red stripe wire behind light switch, rpm signal is non polarity and taken from silver wire at cluster connector.

unlock signal is used to deactivate factory security system thus, upon activating remote start, the system sends a signal to deactivate security, then vehicle starts. I have autologic thus I have changed programming to deactivate superlock feature, all else is normal NAS market programing for a 2000 HSE 4.6 model.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts