Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my radiator after a guy test drove my car and called to say it had overheated. When I lifted the hood, the top of the radiator had a long horizontal crack as well as a chunk missing where the small overflow hose is. I towed it home (over a mountain none-the-less) at which time my husband told me the kid must have really drove like an idiot because the dash rubber thing was thrown across the dash and the drivers seat was practically in a laying down position, you know, the way only cool people drive lol So now I have a steady stream of water running out of something toward the front of the engine. My question is do I just start trying to dig back and repair as I go or does anyone know if it leans toward the head gasket, water pump, cracked block? Suggestions on how I test to see what it might be? HELP

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
168 Posts
Hello, you should re-ask this question in the forum specific to the P38, you'll get more notice there. If you go to the main forum page you'll see the various categories.

That said, to start you'll want to replace the radiator. The common replacement is a Nissens 64319A radiator. The rover part number for a 2000 P38 radiator is PCC108080. It's a straight forward swap but I can't link you to the howto anymore because our forum owners f'ed up the forums.

We'd need pictures to comment on what's leaking at the front of the engine though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.