RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,317 Posts
Fiddling with the battery on a P38 does nothing other than cause you to have to reset all the windows and sunroof, if you have one, it does not reset anything else. CDL switch in the drivers latch is faulty and doesn't always operate. Change it now before it locks you out somewhere inconvenient. Also make sure you have the EKA code if it has one. Using the key is intended as a back up only for use if the fob fails, it was never designed to be used all the time so is only just strong enough. Have you tried syncing the fob? As long as the LED lights when you press the buttons, put the key in the drivers lock, turn to lock, hold there, press and hold the lock button on the fob until the LED starts to flash quicker. Release button on fob, turn lock back to centre then do the same with unlock. It might not work if the microswitch is playing up but will once you have changed the latch.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Richard, the keyfob worked when i first got the truck, and once the batteries went low i attempted to replace them but the metal piece on the battery door was damaged and I no longer have the LED light working so I intend to buy another battery door and properly sync the keyfob asap. For what it's worth, the keyless entry worked perfectly until I tried to replace batteries.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
How did you go with the air suspension?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
How did you go with the air suspension?
The door was opened while i was trying to adjust it, which is why it wasn't working.. As you mentioned, reading the handbook has been a big help. :?

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
The random locking and unlocking then jiggling the lock around point to a failing drivers latch. There was a thread just last week or so with directions on which latch wires to cut to permanently disable super lock... it might be a good idea.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Meaning all the brake lines on each wheel? Sorry, i'm a newbie when it comes to brake work. :p
I meant the calipers, but have a look at the lines as said by Richard G too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So the car is in the shop right now and it's getting all new brake lines, rear brakes and rotors, 4 new tires (front tread was too low and rears were from 2007 and cracking severely) and a couple small things like a battery tie down. All of the brake lines were rusty and they needed replacement, and it will pass state inspection after all of this is said and done. This will all together run about $1800, but i'm into the car for about $3,200 total which i personally don't think is bad for a decent shape P38 with 90k miles, plus I really like and enjoy the car despite its electrical gremlins, but it will all be sorted out in a matter of time and i'll be happily cruising on air ride. :razz:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts