RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced rears last week... used EAS software to reset fault, no issues... had fronts replaced this week, can not get EAS to reset.

Leveler button keeps flashing as if it wants to get to desired level, but truck won't raise. Compressor is working.

EAS software allows me to check sensor values, but returns 0 faults (zeros in the fault value box). I am able to use the software to depressurize the tank, turn on and off the compressor, but that's about it.

I managed to get it to raise once last night, but since then, it's not worked right... I've seen similar posts, but no results.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also - I certainly don't want to take away from RSW Solutions, but I wanted to see if anyone would be willing to lend me a Buddy Box to see if this fault can just be cleared before going out and buying one... I'm not able to justify the cost right now (unemployed for over a year, yada yada yada). I'll buy it if I have to, but if someone in the US or North East was willing to help out a fellow Rangie, it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Presume you've checked for leaks?
You said..."had the fronts replaced"...implies someone else did the work... have you checked integrity of sensor connections, kinked hoses etc?

Buddy box most unlikely to clear faults if RSW s/w doesn't show problems. Need to understand why s/w doesn't seem to work...could be that EAS "thinks" all is well because it's being "fooled" probably by some mechanical defect ... buddy Box will respond similarly.

So, check and recheck integrity of all lines and connections before parting with hard earned $$$ !

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
148 Posts
Obviously the doors are shut otherwise the level selector light would not be flashing. Perhaps driver box is failing and causing the inlet solenoid to not operate correctly. Maybe try using the jumper method to make sure all the solenoids are clicking away to themselves merrily.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, seems like I got it to work... tried again last night, just making sure that the cable was good, and it was... read all of your suggestions, and went back out this morning to find that I had a blown 5a fuse (23 I think, I'll confirm and post). Anyway, never was ale to just get the fault cleared so that it would level itself, but after emptying the bags, and the tank, and running the compressor on for a bit (intermittently to not put a huge load on the compressor), I finally got the Rover to inflate by adjusting the individual wheels one at a time... (would not move with the command to inflate to high, or normal, and requesting the wheel heights caused the Rover to go to bump stops)

I believe that there may have been a pressure issue somewhere along the way... either too much, or not enough but emptying out the tanks released one of the valves which may have been stuck...

Long story short, thank you all! It's back to normal, though it still seems to still be settling...

Happy Independence day!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts