RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,087 Posts
Nothing to do with the BeCM, if windows and sunroof are dead the water has got into the switchpack.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
485 Posts
windows and sun roof are operated from becm under seat . most likely the window switch pack has lost power , not related to becm remove switch pack and check power at board most likely has corrosion on it first place to start IMO.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,199 Posts
BECM is under the Front/Right seat... but if all of the windows/sunroof are dead - also check the electric adjustment of the mirrors. If they don't work either, then chances are your issue is actually the window switchpack (which happens to be right under the sunroof) rather than the BECM.

If you are in the UK, then I do refurbished window switchpacks on my website - if you aren't in the UK, well, I will ship internationally, but it might be cheaper to find one from a parts website/dealer nearer.

But for my money it's the switchpack that's faulty, not the BECM. If it were the BECM that had got moisture in it then you would have a load more electrical headaches than just windows/sunroof.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts