RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Range Rover L322 HSE
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Looks like my stalling is fuel related as now its dead and barely starts. One started any pressing on the gas pedal cases it to sputter and die, if left to idle it kinda tries but dies after a few seconds. I did replace the crankshaft position sensor and that wasnt the issue.

when the key is turned on I dont hear the fuel pump run. I am going to check fuses and relays first.

If I need to replace the fuel pump can i do the Airtex E3270 swap?? I did similar on my 96 4.0 and seems to be fine other than giving it a few seconds to prime the system before starting

Just asking as $$ is a little tight right now as we recently moved and spent our back up money on deposits and such

Thanks for any info

·
Registered
57 Posts
If I need to replace the fuel pump can i do the Airtex E3270 swap?? I did similar on my 96 4.0 and seems to be fine other than giving it a few seconds to prime the system before starting
On a 2000MY the Airtex E3270 is not an exact fit however, there is a direct replacement for the Bosch (1999 to 2002) at about $80 that fits perfectly. If it is fuel pressure regulator which is also mounted in the tank (unlikely this has gone out), you can use an Audi part which is rated a tad higher at 3.8bar (3.5bar is the OEM). I am at work and do not have access to the part number for the pump, but will post tonight.

The Bosch pump runs very quietly so listening for it may not be reliable diagnostic tool. With a good pressure gauge you should see 50psi at tick-over with bleed down taking around 20 minutes to drop 15psi. With your symptoms expect to see 10psi on the rail with immediate bleed down to nothing.

I will offer this; there is a 10% possibility that the pump and regulator are good and there is an issue within the in-tank plastic pump housing.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks JR, I will have to dig out my pressure gauge and check the fuel pressure

going to check relays and fuses now

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK looks like the fuel pump is fine, I put a jumper in place of the relay and heard the fule pump running so thats good....wife just filled up the tank about 2 miles before it died. Will have to check more in to fuses and relays or fuse box or more sensors?

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK ran a OBDII scan and got the following codes

P0102 MAF signal less than the speed dependent minimum threshold).
P1667 Serial link short circuit to earth
I swapped out the MAF for the old one I took out a couple years ago and still no start
Not sure on the 1667 code

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, after swapping the MAF and letting it sit all day, it fired right up and is running fine, shut it off and restarted several times and each time was fine. Tonight I started it up to take it around the block and upon starting, it ran a bit rough like it was a street rod with a big cam in it. Still no new codes but has only been started a few times in the driveway. Will take it for a spin later and see what happens.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK issue is resolved. Was a bad MAF. Replaced with a new one and all is well

Do have a P1415 code now I need to deal with....Seems my Pump has filled with water and is rusted solid. I guess time to toss some more $$$ at this darn thing...seems to be a tank of gas for 100.00 then a 100.00 for a part then another tank of gas then another part...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts