RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I spent most of the day researching this topic here - found one guy who's done it - but a lot more info that says it's not possible. My new '17 SCV8 Dynamic has 22" wheels,and all for all of the obvious reasons I want to have 20" wheels as at least a Winter option. I've already purchased a set of take-off style 520's from Ebay. They have a 47mm offset compared to the 504 style I have now that has a 49mm offset. I realize I might have to return them.

oh, I also can't seem to have my posts appear as something other than blank - at least I can't see them - not sure why since I've been a member since 2012.

thank you in advance for any input...

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
20" do indeed fit... very close tolerances, but do fit. It is the 19" that don't clear.

Ranger4/John has just purchased a set of 20" for his 405 with Brembos. You might shoot him a PM to see where he is at with mounting tyres etc.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
Most likely because there is an apostrophe in the title. We have been waiting for over a month for IT to fix that and photo hosting a handful of other issues... tumble weeds and crickets as they are "working on it".

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
290 Posts
I had 20’ on my 2016 v8 dynamic. You should have no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Holeecow!

Can I assume these were 8.5" wide rims? Any chance you recall the design number of the rim you used? I'm looking at the 520 model.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yep, no problem at all. Mine came with OEM 22" wheels, but I am running 20x8.5" style 5011 (off the all-new discovery) black wheels for winter. The 520s will be fine, also. I contemplated them before choosing mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I wanted a set of dedicated winter tires for my 2016 SCV8 Dynamic so I bought a set of 520 style take-off wheels from eBay as well and had them mounted on Nokian Hakka R2 255/55R20's. Also bought a new set of TPMS sensors for them. Working perfectly fine for me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys - this is super helpful.

Mdmfan - I'm going to put Hakka's on as well - was there a reason why you went with the 255-55 aspect ratio vs. the 275-40? I do like the idea of a narrower tire for better snow traction.

My 520 rims in black will be here later this week and I'll order the Hakka's today.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Agree - I went with 255/55/20 because I wanted a thinner tire with a little more sidewall for better snow traction. Also, the 255/55 is listed in the owners handbook as an "approved winter tire" size for 20 inch wheels. Not sure offhand whether the 275/40 is or not.

I have to say, though, that as compared to my 275/45/21 primary setup the 255's aesthetically look more "tucked in", especially in the rear...so, thinking about some rear spacers!...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agree - I went with 255/55/20 because I wanted a thinner tire with a little more sidewall for better snow traction. Also, the 255/55 is listed in the owners handbook as an "approved winter tire" size for 20 inch wheels. Not sure offhand whether the 275/40 is or not.

I have to say, though, that as compared to my 275/45/21 primary setup the 255's aesthetically look more "tucked in", especially in the rear...so, thinking about some rear spacers!...
Interesting that you have 21"s - I assumed this variant only came with 22"s - I'd almost prefer 21" because it's kind of a nice compromise.

On the tire size - at this time the Hakka R2 SUV winter tire in 20" is available in 40, 45 or 50 but only in a 275 diameter - and I got the 50. So yeah - mine will look a bit "tucked in" as well.

thanks again for the feedback.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can confirm that 20 x 8.5" with factory offsets fit just fine. I have 275/55/20 Michelin X-ICE2 mounted to them on my winter setup with plenty of room to spare.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to everyone for their feedback here - the rims came in yesterday and the Hakka's went on today - it all fits great! Left Discount Tire and rode straight into a raging snow storm in the mountains - awesome! The black 520s look with good with the Carpathian Grey.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts