1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) i know that you guys hate wheel threads
2) yes i already searched and only found pics with 22's
3) i'm not looking to "bling" my rr out i'm just looking to update it a bit

does anyone have any pics with 20" stormers on? if so also please tell me what you're running (tires). thanks and apologies if i have offended anyone. i promis i will not be adding any chrome accessories or grills or ground effects, etc. not my thing.

peace,
- E

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
already did it - sorry for the crappy pic:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Nice ride.

All it needs now are the aftermarket chrome door handle cappings and you're set with the bling bling to match the fling thing ?

This is a picture of the other wheels I'm looking to acquire, at least this "full deco' mate" matches the colour of your wheels !

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vinniman said:
Nice ride.

All it needs now are the aftermarket chrome door handle cappings and you're set with the bling bling to match the fling thing ?

This is a picture of the other wheels I'm looking to acquire, at least this "full deco' mate" matches the colour of your wheels !

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.
WOW! what an a-hole. they're not chrome, you know.... they're just a little bit shinier than oem. that's what you get when you buy aftermarket from a dealer on-line. i'm not going to lose sleep over it though, i'm not about to spend 4 grand on rims...

·
Registered
543 Posts
It's just not Cricket ?

Mr Ed.

When the door handles start to resemble paint flaking due to the constant sun light in California like every west coast locale, this will add a crap finish since you've gone to the trouble of upgrading to 20" wheels and tyres on your Range Rover Vogue.
I saw an earlier thread here recently where a U.K. outfit is retailing chrome door handle covers which complete the look 100% & prevent the same problem experienced with all MkIII's, since my 'Classic' has flush fitting aluminium jobbies which are better !

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HMMMM>>>> :think:

OK, but again, the wheels are not chrome, and I really dislike chrome. I also hardly think that 20" wheels can be considered "vogue" as they are stock on all supercharged rovers (with a polished finish no less) and optional on HSE's to boot. I also don't think that a "vogue" rover would have 295's all terrains on it. My door handles are in perfect condition at present and I intend to keep them that way as long as possible. I rarely park the car in the sun... BUT, when the time comes... did you say yours have an aluminum finish and are flush with the doors? Sounds cool. Got any pics?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Mmmm-Moccona.

Again the wheels look great-really matches the colour of your vehicle and down under we refer to the full size Range Rover HSE models as opposed to the Rangey Sport as "Vogue's", same for the MkII's as P38's and first generation Range Rovers as Classics.

I think BFGoodrich do their 'All-Terrain' pattern in the 285/55R20 tyre size which is used extensively for off-highway touring in Australia, as these fit the factory 20 inch wheels available on Supercharged and TDV8 versions where owners tow big caravans ?

Have a look at Range Rover Classic's from 1987+ available state side on this web-site and you can view the flush alloy handles which were installed on these trucks, as I've just spent the last Three hours this afternoon polishing my Cassis Red example !

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for clarifing! That's interesting, why do you guys call them "vogues"? The tires are actually Generals and they are 295/45/20 fitted to the 20x9.5 stormers.... which look very similar to the 2010 supercharger rims but have a lower offset so that they are flush with the fenders.
Handles look great!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Ahh the Vogue.

If you go to www.youtube com and type a search Topgear-Range Rover and view the testing by Jeremy Clarkson of the full size Range Rover and the Rangey Sport, the diffrence between the two respective trucks is separate to the original design theme !

As he professors proper Range Rovers have a split tailgate at the rear, where as the Rangey Sport has a rear liftgate like Jeep.
The Vogue name plate was introduced in the late 80's by Land Rover to differentiate the Higline model from the more upmarket versions and then they created another model above this called the Vogue SE which had standard shag pile, leather and wood.

There are simple design features of the Range Rover Classics which BMW and Ford both missed in their upgraded models, such as did you know that the rear seating area has Three arm rests for two rear seat passengers-1 in the middle and 2 out board ?

It's "O" for awesome that your 20 inch rims are fitted with General tires, as I prefer these over the BFGoodrich All-Terrain ko2's & it's even better to hear that the wheel offset has been placed further positive so your wheel/tyre combo sit under the fender.

Cheerio chaps,

Vinniman.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts