Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to my manual, I can get Style 520s on my 2017 RRS Autobiography (currently has 22s). I'm looking to get a set just to have for some mild off-roading so that my 22's don't get damaged. However, the manual only says that the gloss black finish variant is available for my model but not the silver one.
I found a local seller of the silver Style 520 (not gloss black finish).

Is anyone running this setup with the Brembo red calipers that come with the Autobiography? Any issues?
Should I be OK with the silver edition?

Wheel Automotive tire Rim Spoke Bicycle part

Font Rectangle Parallel Pattern Number

Diamond = ccessory fit only
** = Only available as an accessory. Rim only. Center caps available separately. Ac

· Registered
2015 Range Rover Sport SCV8 HSE Dynamic
882 Posts
Yeah, there're the same, just one is painted black.

If you're going to 20s to fit AT tyres, I would look at the 255/60R20s

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, there're the same, just one is painted black.

If you're going to 20s to fit AT tyres, I would look at the 255/60R20s
Thanks! The tire sticker on my car doesn't list 255/60R20 as an approved configuration for 20s. The only configuration it lists for 20's is 255/55R20. For my other car's I've always followed the recommendation of this sticker around the door.

Other than a slightly larger sidewall, are there any other benefits running with 255/60 vs 255/55?

· Registered
2 Posts
bigger sidewall is always good off-road, but does impact on road handling feel. Does anyone know if these 20 inch wheels fit the SVR as well? It's supposed to have the same brakes, but they are not listed.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bigger sidewall is always good off-road, but does impact on road handling feel. Does anyone know if these 20 inch wheels fit the SVR as well? It's supposed to have the same brakes, but they are not listed.
I looked up used 2017 SVR's for sale and looked for pictures of the tire/wheel compatibility tag that is mandated by the DOT to be placed on the vehicle. Found one. Apparently, 20" rims are not "approved" for the SVR unless its that dinky spare they give you. That being said..not sure if that means that it won't fit. Maybe if you find the caliper PN, I can compare it to mine.

My tag for the 2017 RRS Autobiography sticker does have 20s listed on there.

Rectangle Font Electric blue Parallel Slope

Attachments

· Registered
2 Posts
I looked up used 2017 SVR's for sale and looked for pictures of the tire/wheel compatibility tag that is mandated by the DOT to be placed on the vehicle. Found one. Apparently, 20" rims are not "approved" for the SVR unless its that dinky spare they give you.

My tag for the 2017 RRS Autobiography sticker does have 20s listed on there.

View attachment 307030
good approach to confirm this thanks. I guess it's not recommended, but if the 20 inch spare fits over the SVR brakes, then one can theoretically put 20 inch rims on it.

· Registered
2013 Range Rover 5.0SCV8
268 Posts
20s fit on the SVR. The brake calipers are no different than the non-SVR vehicles with the six piston calipers. 19s will fit too, provided they are OEM LR wheels.

Use 255/55R20. That’s the LR recommended size. They have the same diameter as your 22s. Many people use these for winter and off-road use including me.

I have RRS 20’ wheels on my FFRR. The door plate isn’t important. The DOT doesn’t mandate tire size. 😉

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
20s fit on the SVR. The brake calipers are no different than the non-SVR vehicles with the six piston calipers. 19s will fit too, provided they are OEM LR wheels.

Use 255/55R20. That’s the LR recommended size. They have the same diameter as your 22s. Many people use these for winter and off-road use including me.

I have RRS 20’ wheels on my FFRR. The door plate isn’t important. The DOT doesn’t mandate tire size. 😉
Which 20's are you running, brand/trim?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts