RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Need to buy new tires thinking of buying Rims to replace my old rims storm rims on my 2010.
Rims have scratch on all four tires. I love this car so much buying rims will give this car a whole new look.

20 vs. 22 ?

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
20's will help maintain a decent ride. 22" will leave you with very little side wall and harsh ride... Potholes will be your enemy. What size do your now? You can always have your wheels refinished

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
104 Posts
Concur with Toad. When you go big, it's at the cost of sidewall. Road seams previously unfelt will become quite noticeable and potholes will have you shuddering.

BTW, my Rangie is referred to as a truck!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
335 Posts
I think Land Rover refers to them as "vehicles".

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
8 Posts
22" factory Rims on my autobiography came with them in RRSC 2010. Love the look and the ride comfort is great for the last 80,000 miles.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
689 Posts
Sounds pretty PC to me! How about "automotive appliance"?

My Discovery1 is white, so I guess “automotive appliance” would apply here.

Sent from my iPhone X

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
689 Posts
Concur with Toad. When you go big, it's at the cost of sidewall. Road seams previously unfelt will become quite noticeable and potholes will have you shuddering.

BTW, my Rangie is referred to as a truck!

Sadly, still after 20 years of Rover ownership I still at times refer to it as my car. Just a hard habit to break.
When I converse with other Rover owners though, I do refer to them as vehicles so as to not make people think I’m new to Rover ownership. So I’m aware.

Sent from my iPhone X

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover Sport HSE
71 Posts
I currently am in the same situation. I have the 22 inch stormers on my supercharged. Originally they had 285/35/22 tire size on them but it was like they were rubber bands and harsh ride. Last year I opted to change to the next size up which was 285/40/22 and changing the tires up the one size made for a great ride in comparison to the 35’s.

Fast forward and and I just bought the L405 supercharged rims and had them finished in gloss black. I believe they are the 275/45/21 size. Have not decided which set I’m going to keep but am curious to get them on to compare rim sizes.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fuji keep is posted I have 22 Stormers with 285/35s on them [2009 Supercharged] and am thinking of even going back and getting the 20inch wheels that it original came with. Love to see pics once you have those new rims installed. I only driven mine with 22s so cannot imagine the ride being any better, I do not noticed pot holes too much and they seam fine.

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover Sport HSE
71 Posts
Will do I have an appointment at the Range Rover dealership here on December fourth for an oil leak that just started and am going to see if they will do the swap while it’s in then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts