RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at swapping my large OEW tow bar set up for a smaller 2" receiver hitch, as i think they look much better, but still have the option to tow when needed.

they are impossible to find in the UK so was wondering where i might find one in the US that i can get shipped - do any of you from the states know of anywhere?

many thanks,

·
Registered
368 Posts
Having lived in the UK (Pre-Brexit when people were less bitter) and now living in the US. I have to say that the American square tube hitch receiver is the most brilliant and simple solution ever compared to just a dumb ball you get in Europe.

I have the UK style hitch you have on my 83 RRC (original Houston car) and welded in the square tube flush so can fit my brilliant bicycle rack etc. I agree this hitch not very appealing.

Are you sure that the US (superior system) as allowed in the UK? I mean it is way too sensible so that it probably not allowed.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Mine is the same as OP example as you'd expect.

That USA one is very neat, mine will drag in the floor with anything serious in approach angle.

The brexit pantomime is certainly giving us, ahem, a clearer view of the democratic process! Alot of us are just keeping our heads down while they all kick lumps out of each other.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts