RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I’ve had a problem with a soft squealing coming from the RHS of my RRS S/C 2009. I took all the plastic bits off the engine tonight and was amazed to see how vulnerable my engine was to 2 bad designs.
  1. The coolant hose to the RH intercooler touches the top of the thermostat housing – mine was seriously chaffed.
  2. The lower radiator hose was rubbing on one of the pulleys (source of my sound). This was about to fail as it had already sprung a tiny leak that was spraying coolant over the RHS of the engine bay. DSC06114.JPG DSC06116.jpg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi All,
I’ve had a problem with a soft squealing coming from the RHS of my RRS S/C 2009. I took all the plastic bits off the engine tonight and was amazed to see how vulnerable my engine was to 2 bad designs.
  1. The coolant hose to the RH intercooler touches the top of the thermostat housing – mine was seriously chaffed.
  2. The lower radiator hose was rubbing on one of the pulleys (source of my sound). This was about to fail as it had already sprung a tiny leak that was spraying coolant over the RHS of the engine bay. View attachment 29642 View attachment 29650
Thanks for the info :)

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Thanks for adding to the collective knowledge base. We don't get much DIY stuff on the S/C.

What was your remedy for this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi All - the solution is to make sure the top (intercooler) hose is protected. Maybe wrap with tape. The lower radiator hose needs to be on the INSIDE (towards radiator) of the ACE hose, pulling it away from the pulleys. I have ordered a new replacement (about $90) but the whole lot come as one unit.
See image below.
Coolant hoses.jpg

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Hi All - the solution is to make sure the top (intercooler) hose is protected. Maybe wrap with tape.
You could also get some nylon split cable sleeving which is more durable. You can find it at your local AP store or a AV/computer store.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All done and replaced - I had a small issue with bleeding the system. After filling the expansion tank, I opened the intercooler bleed but it would not pump coolant out. I eventually gave it a little suck (yes I know it's toxic) and is came out right away - air lock? Still have the soft squeal when cornering to the left - think it's a wheel bearing or old fluid at least I found this disaster waiting to happen!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts