RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dramatic saga continues of getting my 92’ RR operable again. After installing a new distributor, I noticed the fuel pump is not working. Power is running to the system @ 5.3 amps. I was trying to access the RR Classic non-genuine parts replacement site but it is down.

1.What are the possible aftermarket replacements for the fuel pump?

While doing the removal, one of the fuel hoses snapped. The fuel out line is still intact but the fuel in line was brittle and broke.

2. Do I have to replace the entire line, or is there a shorter hose to the filter that just needs to be replaced? Should I replace both hoses, while I'm at it?

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
if it is just the rubber hose, it is advisable to replace both. the concern is finding replacement, as for the fuel pump you could procure a fuel pump for a 93 gm, any gm or gmc, I/e blazer, jimmy, camaro, pick up, etc any engine size, so as long as it is fuel injected.
that way you can replace just the fuel pump and not the whole fuel level sender and housing assembly. a google search will give good results, as for the hose you could try one of the british suppliers if n/a suppliers can't help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if it is just the rubber hose, it is advisable to replace both. the concern is finding replacement, as for the fuel pump you could procure a fuel pump for a 93 gm, any gm or gmc, I/e blazer, jimmy, camaro, pick up, etc any engine size, so as long as it is fuel injected.
that way you can replace just the fuel pump and not the whole fuel level sender and housing assembly. a google search will give good results, as for the hose you could try one of the british suppliers if n/a suppliers can't help.
Thanks 95classiclwb. Is there a shorter hose that connects the sender to the fuel filter, or is it the entire line alotgether?

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
455 Posts
There is a French repair kit for the fuel.pump, it includes all you need. I buy them from Allmakes UK. 2 years warranty and oem manufacturer. Have installed and sold them many times, much better than the Chinese aftermarket rubbish.

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts