RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1995 Range Rover Classic LWB

I am finally down to this code in the process of getting my ABS to work: Code 2-8 - No voltage to ABS solenoid valves. Faulty valve relay or wiring. I currently have the ABS and TC light on.

The pump runs for 30 sec, I have power to, two of the three relays on the side of the divers seat. The blue relay does not seem to have any constant power to it. I believe the blue relay is for the ABS dash warning lights??

I assume at least one relay is working because the pump is turning on. Any ideas of what to check next?

Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE!

I have jumpered the relay for the ABS valves and i am still not getting any power to the plug, that plugs into the valve block. Is the ABS computer not sending the signal? Which pin should be hot, on the plug that plugs into the valve block?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rave would be your best pal in this case, follow diagnostics tree, pin outs and test procedures as outlined in the ETM and abs sections.
I looked in there. But can not seem to find anything for a pin out on the valve block or abs ecu. I am thinking of doing a continuity test between the ECU plug and valve block plug.

There is definately no power at valve block plug. Not sure if there is supposed to be a constant power at the valve block or if the ECU sends a power signal to trigger valves?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I looked in there. But can not seem to find anything for a pin out on the valve block or abs ecu. I am thinking of doing a continuity test between the ECU plug and valve block plug.

There is definately no power at valve block plug. Not sure if there is supposed to be a constant power at the valve block or if the ECU sends a power signal to trigger valves?
Schill123, can I ask if you got your abs working? I'm getting code 2-8 on my '89RR RHD. Can you give me any advice on where to look. The valve relay appears to be ok and the wiring looks to be in good nick. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts