RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for not posting here. Been busy the last few weeks with my exams and other stuff.

Anyways i've got a problem my coolant system. About a month back i flushed my coolant system as i don't think that the coolant was ever replaced.
I used Wurth 'Radiator Flush' and filled the system with Wurth coolant, at 1 coolant:2 water as mentioned. After running for a week or so leaks
started to appear at the rubber/metal connection joints. Here are some images of what i mean. They're taken from my mobile @ night time, so are a bit fuzzy

What would have caused this issue? Are coolant too strong? Or was that the 12 year old hoses couldn't take up the new coolant?
Also the same type of joint under the dashboard on RHD driver side has got a leak.

I'm ordering new set of hoses from island4x4 to replace them. but would like to know about the coolant issue.

Thanks all

·
Registered
893 Posts
Seems odd that it would start up now.

What is the year and mileage?

Did you pressure test the system after you refilled it with coolant?

You may have been on the brink of a leak and the extra pressure from pressurizing the whole system might have pushed it over the edge. If you haven't pressure tested the system, then I would after you replace the hoses as there may be a few others ready to go. Also install new hose clamps. The inside leak might be the dreaded heater hose o-rings. http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdetail ... oring.html

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi,

Well do you just replace the coolant or do you wash up the system before change it? Could be from that or can be the system not correctly bleeded.

I´m developing a warning light system to the coolant system on my DSE. When I finish I will post here.

Regards,
Sérgio

1 - 3 of 3 Posts