RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, newbie in every sense. New to the brand, new to the site, etc. First post.

Background - need a do everything vehicle. Drive around clients for business lunches, but also handle the rough terrain at our TX hill country ranch. Occasionally tow our motocycles/ATV/UTVs, etc. I LOVE diesel engines. For all these reasons, I have always purchased loaded diesel trucks. A new one every 12-24 months. Currently 17 F250 platinum srw.

Decided to give a Range Rover diesel a try. Couldn't find what I wanted on lots at the time so I put in an order. 2018 HSE Td6, SVO paint, ivory interior, loaded. But the wait is killing me! April. Also in retrospect a little concerned about how the ivory interior will hold up. Originally thought black would make things too dark. But alas, another TX dealer just had a 2017 show up on their lot. Fuji white/black. HSE Td6. Ready now. So tempting! Actually thinking the white /black combo looks pretty sporty. And maybe even lends itself a bit more to how I will present/use the vehicle. I am planning on putting some all terrain tires on, and a rack on top, etc. Add a bit of an overland/offroad accessory approach to it.

Thoughts? Anyone else with an 18 on order, just decide to grab a 17? Seems like the changes are fairly cosmetic overall (LED lights being exception). Do you think the white/black lends itself more to offroad accessorizing vs blue/ivory as I have it ordered for 18?

high class problems but still stressful!

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,125 Posts
To me the only reason to get a 2017 is if you get an amazing deal or if you want a color that's not available in 2018 (although vinyl wraps can easily fix that).

I will say that dealers are heavily discounting the Td6. From what I gather, LR currently has a $3,000 incentive on V6 and $5,000 on V8 models. Not sure about diesel, but I bet it's more than that because my dealer is advertising $13,000-14,000+ off MSRP on their website for the remaining 2017 diesels.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,125 Posts
Sent you a PM. They have a white base and a black HSE. Non-diesels don't have an advertised sale price.

Crazy that one can buy a new L405 for under $77k.

td6.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
Up here I see those discounts for leftover '16s.
'17s are hardly discounted yet. Those are crazy numbers.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We have had Jags with white seats only issue blue jeans fade and leave blue color stain. I personally hate a white car never shines like a darker color but tends to not show dirt as bad. We ended up with a black on black TD6 looks fabulous when clean.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts