·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just semi finalized my service morning on the RRS. Planned actions:

Interiorfilter -> Done
Airfilter -> Done
Diesel Fuel Filter -> in progress (can't find the filter, need help)
Oil change -> in progress (seems to need an oil extractor ??, no drain plug available)

Car details

Transmission 6 SPD AUTO TRANS ZF 6HP28
Engine 3.0L 24V DOHC V6 TC DSL

I would be helped with:
- the correct Workplace Service Manual (WSM-15959)
- battery info (Preventive) WSM-17673
- procedure of an oilchange (how to)
- location of the fuel filter on the car...

Thnx in advance

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
726 Posts
As this is a diesel you are probably better going here http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/

On my RHD 2.7 TDV6 the fuel filter is accessed from under the vehicle and sits above the gearbox cross member on the RHD driver side behind a heat shield next to the inner chassis. On a LHD car should be about where the the back of the front passenger seat is but accessed from under the car. Maybe completely different on a LHD 3.0 though.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thnx for the info. So far I checked most of the car without protection plates in place. No luck ;-) I'll check the other forum also

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
726 Posts
There is nothing wrong with this forum but being US based most members have petrol vehicles with only a few international diesel owners.

Under the car - basically under the front seats there are two gearbox X members in the chassis - the front one is under the bell housing an the rear one is at the rear of the gearbox.

On a 2.7 and this may be different on a 3.0 the fuel filter sits on top the rear x member just next to chassis rail (on a RHD car is on the right side of the car under drivers position).

Here is a pic of the spot on my car looking towards the rear - pic is taken just behind the front wheel. What you see are the heat shields that would have to be removed. You can see the fuel lines on the inside of the chassis to the left of the pic.

As i said this is a RHD 2.7. The UK site will definitely be able to answer all of you questions.

Cheers

Garry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts