RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spent the last 3/4 hour writing out a big first ever post about how good this site is, how it's helped me out no end and I explained what I need and that I had questions about the new car in my life, then I hit submit and, poof, vanished! Bollocks! So now we have the short version.( I'm better at fixing cars, I swear!)

1999 Range Rover, SSE, SVC conversion, any one have pictures of theirs, I'll post pictures of mine.

Seriously, this site is awesome, so much info, helped me out a bunch, nearly made all the beeps and dings go away when you turn the car on.

Thanks

Steve

P.S. I copied this one, just in case!

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
I hate you.

Seriously, good find!
And if you dont post pics within the hour, there will be a ban in effect!! :lol:
Where are you located at? States I assume?
Martin

·
Registered
867 Posts
I hate you too.

Seriously.

I want a SSE.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, before you ban me, or hunt me down, I'm not sure it's genuine, hence the shout out for photos. I missed out on a 97 SSE that showed up here in Denver, I'm up in the mountains, and let it go cos I didn't know what it was. Then this one showed up and I liked the look of it and bought it after I did some research and found out what little I know now.

However, from what I understand, the 97 was a factory approved super charged HSE with a bunch of goodies, anything after that was in a kind of kit form, you could get engine, body , brakes and interior upgrades, the supercharger being the mac daddy, but that's all I know about it. I can't figure out if this is just an SSE supercharger bolted up to the intake, or if it has had further work because there is no other info about these conversions.

If I can figure out how to post pictures I will do so tomorrow. I also need a key if any one has an extra, I am missing the back piece that holds the batt and the terminal it touches on the back side of the curcuit board.

Steve

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Shoot Scotty a PM for any parts you will need.
As for it being genuine, if you bring it to Mo I will do you the favor of driving it around for a few months to compare it to my HSE. Free of charge even! :thumb:
Again, great find!

Martin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Couple of pictures, I hope. It's dirty from being out side in a couple of bad storms and now lower as it's back on it's bags. Light guards are gone, so is roof rack, side steps, arch covers, bull bar, etc. I want to make it a nice street vehicle, with the abliltiy to go off road, it's for the little lady and snoop dogg says; "Bi#ches roll on 20s!"[attachment=2:1milntox]P5110234 (Small).JPG[/attachment:1milntox][attachment=1:1milntox]P5110235 (Small).JPG[/attachment:1milntox][attachment=0:1milntox]P5110236 (Small).JPG[/attachment:1milntox]

Attachments

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
kmagnuss said:
take a pic from the front
With your street address in the back ground :lol:

Martin

·
Registered
67 Posts
why o why take off all the goodies and make it a blingmobile?!!! I live in colorado as well, let me come and rescue it before its all gayed up.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Nice motor! :clap:
Martin when I fix the gallon of oil burning every 6 miles could you see a super charger on my car? :think:

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,242 Posts
Scotty said:
Nice motor! :clap:
Martin when I fix the gallon of oil burning every 6 miles could you see a super charger on my car? :think:
Nope, but I do see 2 5.0 HSE's running around in various parts of the country.....Fone calls to make me thinks! :thumb:

Martin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm on the fence as far as removing the Safarii kit, I like the sleak look of the "naked" rover, but if it helps, I'm in the market for another set of winter/off road wheels and tires. I'm keen to use it for towing my sleds and hauling crap as well as ass!

I'm conserned by the lack of fuel injectors fitted into the intake manifold that I've seen on some other pictures, but am not sure of the difference between the GEMS injection and the Bosch system used on these. Anyway, it currently runs good, I'm thinking of getting it up on a dyno so I can get an idea of how its running.

Thanks again for a great site.

Steve

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
intercool it for more good times fun. Oh...and careful of the back two cylinders running lean. It's been known to happen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have heard of the two rear cylinders running lean. I have looked into intercooling, but can't see how it is done with the current set up. No room to fit anything. I'm currently trying to figure what boost I am running, the gauge I have says 3psi, but I don't trust it, so I am working on a new one. I think these cars used to run around 6psi. I'm going to redo the intake and rebuild the S/C.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Although it isnt impossible there a several universal type intercoolers out there. you would have to run the tubing from the SC output to an intercooler (usually mounted in the lower front grille/bumper area) then back up to the throttle body. Intercoolers are not only great insurance but allow you to make more power. There is also the option of snow performance (local here in CO) which is a methanol injection which is used to cool boost, and is much less labor intensive and cheaper.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, that's what I looked into and to redo the plumbing is a head ache. The S/C is pretty only much mounted to the intake and to move it would be more hassel that is is worth. I did look it water injection, and a kit from Summit racing would do the job and you can apparently run it on washer fluid!

I'm mostly conserned with fueling at the moment, making the right boost and getting the car back to a functioning state. If anyone here thought that I was making it a "bing mobile" you should have seen it before I took the wheel mirrors off!

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
that setup shouldn't need "extra" injectors and there will be NO issues with the back 2 injectors. the back 2 lean problem was from improperly fitting a S/C to the stock lower RR intake manifold that was designed around normal aspiration. the outlet of the blower is square, the top of the lower intake (and matching face on the upper intake) is rectangular, so incorrect airflow was getting to the rear 2 cyl (path of least resistance). Using the complete intake like this (and I'd contemplated if it's possible, obviously is :) ) is a good way to go about it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think the system design is sound, it does feed the intake in the stock fashon, what it lacks is the two extra injectors that fit into the SVCs custom S/C inlet that adds fuel under boost conditions. Not having these, I assume the injectors were used on the GEMS injected cars and the MAF of the bosch system takes care of the extra fuel needed for the extra air.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts