RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
Scotty said:
I got this.. Take the wheels off, then the car will be lower! :lol: and i'll send AAA to pick it up and sell all the parts from it..
And dont forget those pesky axles too mate.... :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
I saw a lowered Jeep Wrangler once... on Daytons! I was really into jeeps, so I looked closer at the tires...and they were 195/50/15's.... which is a 22.7" tire. The stock (bigger of the two) size for YJ's back then was 30"... so that's over a 3.5" drop right there. Plus he added leaf spring blocks, which on a spring under lowers it also. It was pretty hideous...but hey... it made my day and I don't have to drive it, so more power to him.

This was in Flint, MI by the way.

·
Registered
217 Posts
By the way, Blind249, welcome to RangeRovers.net. Normally we're not this mean, but, come on, you really opened the door on yourself on this one. Ha, Ha, Ha. I noticed you just joined on Wednesday, and you've created quite a stir. Ask a stupid question..... :lol: :clap: :doh: :doh: :doh:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I feel a balance needs to be added to this thread. range rovers are class less from barrister to farm and footballer to scaffolder, yoy never know who is driving one. i am on my 3rd p38 now and love them, i am not a farmer or an offroader, if i wanted an ultimate offroader i would not by a range rover, my series 2 pulled my first range rover out out mud many times, before i learnt the ranger rover is not all that. most come with full road tyres, and the only differnce between an audi quattro estate and a range rover is the ride height. in the south east the steepest thing i have found is a sleeping police man. and as i said if you want to go looking for ultimate off roading, why not a defender with big nobblies on. a range rover is the most comfortablecar i have owned, my last one on 22" wheels and my new one on 20" wheels.

Look on you tube brand new range rovers on standard showroom spec tyres not able to drive accross a wet field.

there are some really stunning range rovers that never go off road or intend to. this sort of market would be range rovers, big mercs, jags, a8's or 7 series. out of all of them the range rover is the best looking.

We all have different reasons for owning these marques, farmer, dog lover, load lugger, safe family car, status symbol, off road, luxury cruiser. i just think it takes all sorts to make the world go round, and i thought it better to do it in a range rover, than one of those other pretenders, like x5 ml's

as for lowering it.
You can reset the suspension settings, you need a lead, a computer, softwear and some brains, and i only have the computer, but there are a couple of people out there that can do it. the simplest way is to drop all settings, so your highest off road height would become normal driving heght. and when normal driving it would adopt the motorway height. then for the lowest setting to get in and out of the car. you can lower this by 25mm, but means cutting the bump stops a bit. any more then the others are right major chassis work.
with out major arch work and chassis work you can not lower more than the motorway setting as your normal drive setting, if you are running 20" or 22" wheels.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
basobomber said:
...the only differnce between an audi quattro estate and a range rover is the ride height.

As well as a two speed transfer case, body on frame construction, solid axles, about 3000 lbs of towing capacity difference and a 650 score on a RTI ramp.

A decent set of tires makes a P38 a failry compentent off roader as far as stock vehicles go.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Mags you killed this one :thumb: :clap: lots of great calls

Anyone that doesn't know this truck has solid axles and a body on frame shouldn't even consider anything of this sort

Full agreement with "BUY A TAHOE!"

21 - 26 of 26 Posts